Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

We have had a bunch of rain here over the last 16 hours or so and we are delighted NOT to find any water leaking around the bedroom slide. We are happy campers as you might imagine.

In the "it's always something" department, for a strange reason I was poking around under the bathroom sink behind the vanity door compartment bulkhead and I found water on a bottom cabinet panel. Sink drain leaking? Drain plumbing leaking? Don't know yet. Oh well...

Update Thursday evening 12/8: Found a little wet spot in the same old place after a hard rain shower. The leak is about 99% better, but that isn't good enough. It is probably good enough to wait until we can get the coach to Forest City though. Dog-gone!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We have had a bunch of rain here over the last 16 hours or so and we are delighted NOT to find any water leaking around the bedroom slide. We are happy campers as you might imagine.

In the "it's always something" department, for a strange reason I was poking around under the bathroom sink behind the vanity door compartment bulkhead and I found water on a bottom cabinet panel. Sink drain leaking? Drain plumbing leaking? Don't know yet. Oh well...

Update Thursday evening 12/8: Found a little wet spot in the same old place after a hard rain shower. The leak is about 99% better, but that isn't good enough. It is probably good enough to wait until we can get the coach to Forest City though. Dog-gone!

Old 12-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

John don't jenks yourself lets just say the leak has taken a vacation in the rain maker solon.

Btw I ordered the rvnote book today to see if its as good as you and the others have stated it is needed some way to keep track of things might as well be a program that I know others had good things to say about besides if I have questions I have a great group of people to ask them too.

Hope to meet up with you and the DW on one of our travels some day.

Mark & Joanne
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

CONGRATS John and Jane on the dripless coach!!

Mark,I received my copy of "rv'ers notebook" on Tuesday and have got everything but the "weight" section up and running....I'll have to wait and see what rubber paws they've put on my speedster..
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

John< In regards to your leak under the sink. I had the same problem. The Vacuum Breaker on the holding tank flushing system was leaking. When you arent flushing, the breaker is open to the cabinet. When you start flushing, the breaker will close and at that time I would get a little water in the cabinet. I attemped to flush my tank once in a campground with low water pressure onetime and the breaker did not seal off, which put a whole bunch of water in my cabinet.
I have since removed the vacuume breaker, there is a backflow preventer there also, which I have left in place. No more problems now.

2004 Winnebago Adventure 37B
Charles99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Charles - that is a great clue! Thanks - I will look at the breaker closely.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

John, We had the bedroom leak in an 04 molel which was fixed by replacing the seal(a two lip design). The water under the bathroom sink came from the time when the bedroom seal was leaking. There is a passage way from bedroom to bathroom through the utility area under the sink and the closet.

I do not follow the vacumm breaker post. What does the black tank have to do with whats under the sink. We it gets above 50 here I am going out and check it out.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 02:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by targaboat:
I do not follow the vacumm breaker post. What does the black tank have to do with whats under the sink. We it gets above 50 here I am going out and check it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not exactly sure how the drain venting is plumbed or works (or why the vent would leak) but it is worth investigating.

I didn't think any of the drain venting felt wet but it still is a suspect.

The Lazydays tech had the bottom vanity drawer pulled while working on the slide, so maybe there is a correlation between the water I found and the previous leak. (Previous - I wish.. at least it is 99% better.)

Old 12-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

John,
I have the same problem with a small leak on the floor rear side. Talked to the factory last week and they have another fix coming out so I will wait until our summer visit.
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote