Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2015, 07:03 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Tazz6, OK I think I understand were you are at. One way to get the living room satellite receiver output to the ext. TV without using another receiver is with a HDMI splitter and HDMI Converter to composite video. Then connect to the RCA cable going to the ext TV from the sound bar area.
Another note; I believe the cables from the roof satellite dish connect to the main cables in the front overhead on the passenger side behind a panel.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

grtharris,

Tried to put separate receiver in cargo bay and still no signal.
Winnebago wrote me back and said I wouldn't need a receiver in bay. They said orange cable runs all TV's. Their diagram doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:54 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Tazz6, see if this helps. There should be 4 coaxes coming from the Sat Dish with orange bands. With the Dish Network setup the coaxes from the Sat Dish are just coupled to the coaxes running to the coach. Org and Org-2 go to the Sat plate next to the main TV, Org-3 goes to the bedroom Sat plate and Org-4 goes to the ext. tv Sat plate. I believe the connections from Sat to Coach cables takes place in the overheard on the passenger side behind a panel. Check there to see if they were all connected.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Tazz6, was looking at the pictures of the backs of Dish's receivers and they all have composite video output jacks. If you can find the end of the composite video cable going to the ext TV connect it to the sat receiver and you will get that signal at the ext TV.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

I have a Sunova with a Satellite dish and external TV which should be similar. If you have regular TV playing on the external TV then you should be able to go to the controller box and select SAT for the external TV and then go to that TV and go to setup and select Satellite and do a channel search you will get one channel (3 or 4) and you should have the Satellite channel. As you would for Antenna or Cable you have to select Satellite to see the channels. On my unit the Dish box is hooked to HDMI cable to the main TV and for the bedroom and outside I had to connect Coax from the Dish Box output to the Satellite In connection which allows the Satellite signal go through the same Coax as used for over the air and cable stations (in the bedroom I have the option of adding a second box directly to the TV). Then I purchased an UHF adapter for the Dish box so I can change channels from the bedroom and outside without having to have line of sight to the Dish box as with the IR controller.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

cargo bay tv

I just got tv to work in cargo bay. Found red,yellow and black rga cable hid behind tv. Now the problem is I have 480i signal, no HD tv. Any ideas now?
Old 11-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for everybody's help. I got tired of chastising wires so I purchased this product.Actiontec - MyWirelessTV2 Wireless Video Transmitter and Receiver
So far getting 1080i signal from mirrored tv in living area. working good so far.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #28
Winnie-Wise

How did you chastise those naughty wires?
😁
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:07 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

cargo bay tv

I will tell you they were a lot of @@@$$$$##### and other words I said to those wires.