Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question TV in 03 Jurney died. How to Remove?

Leaving for Myrtle Beach tomorrow. Just tried to check the front TV after winter storage, and it clicks on and then back off. Can't see how to get it out, so I could maybe get a new one to put in. Fortunately the back TV works. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Doug 2003 Journey DL 36GD 330 Cat
p00ches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

If your front TV is like the one in my Journey you have to remove the lower plastic covering. There are about 6 or 8 screws that hold the cover. They are covered by little plastic caps that you pry out to get to the screws. Once the cover is removed you can get to the bolts/screws that hold the TV.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If you do a search of this forum on "TV Replacement" you will get several threads showing how to remove the existing TV and some of the tricks to modify the cabinetry and/or brackets to use to mount the new one.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

You will probably find a couple of screws in the side wall of each of the cabinets on either side of the TV that secure the wooden face frame of the TV. Once you remove those and the ones on the lower plastic housing the faceframe and housing should come off exposing the TV and how it's secured. There will presumably be a metal bar or strap across the top the the TV, secured by bolts on either side.

Be aware that the TV may be quite heavy--it would be good to have a second person there to help when you remove the securing straps.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Just took the 27" boat anchor out of my MH and it is heavy and you'll need to take the front wood frame off to get the TV out. There's some screws approx. 4 between the TV metal cabinet and the storage cabinets on either side. That is a big space up in there that you'll be really thinking about. Enjoy the challenge.
pokyjoe48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Question How to remove TV in 2003 Journey

I was able to pry out the caps and remove the 6 screws holding up the plastic cover. Now I can't seem to completely remove the cover itself. Something is holding the bottom of it to the cabinet. It tilts down in the front near the windshield, but won't pull loose from the cabinet. Can I jam a screwdriver in there to pry it loose? I pushed upward and pulled to no avail.
What am I missing?
Thanks for any help. ....Doug
Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

You'll need to remove the wooden face frame as well--the plastic housing is internally screwed to the face frame. Check for a couple of screws into the face frame from the cabinets on either side.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Agree with Chris. The plastic tub is attached to the wooden bezel with about 6 screws that you cannot remove until you remove the wooden bezel. Look in the two compartments beside the TV and you should see about 4 screws thru the cabinet frame that need to be removed. Also, there are two screws on either side of those cabinets that go thru the metal side wall into the bezel. Take a flashlight and look in there and you will eventually ID all the screws. I had to remove the AV switch box in the passenger side cabinet to get to the screws on that side (mine was a 2002 Journey with same floor plan as yours).

As noted, have assistance when you remove the TV. It is heavy and you will need a way to hold it up while you disconnect all the wires. I put a 4' step ladder in front of the opening and we set the TV on top of it while I removed the coax and other wires.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Smile Removing the tv in 2003 Journey

Thanks for the advice in removing my main tv, especially Smiranger for the detailed instructions. Going back to my rv storage tomorrow, and hopefully be able to finish the removal. Smiranger, you have helped me before and it was much appreciated. note: I trust you are enjoying your recently acquired Country Coach. .....Doug