Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Turn signals do not work!!!!!

Folks,

I am having an electrical problem that I ma looking for some help. I have an 03 36' Journey DL and the turn signals are no longer working. I pull the flashers and they flash. I am wondering if someone has any ideas. I have tightened the battery cables and that did not help. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Bill
maclonchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

First thing I would check would be the "clicker" gizmo/flasher unit. I believe on your Journey it should be in the compartment under the driver seat where all the breakers & fuses are. Some rigs have a single flasher unit for both turn signals and emergency flashers, while others have individual units for each. It will be a round or square object a couple of inches long. Sometimes they are hanging loose on the end of wires, but on my '03 Ultimate the flasher unit plugs into a fuse board.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via MSN to smallpond3500
flashers

look at your turn single flasher on fuse block .should be 2 littlr cans on the block try switching them and see if they work might just need a new one
smallpond3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I had similar problem ...

About a year ago my left turn quit working (actually it was VERY dim ... you could see it at night but not during the daylight hours) ... I looked everywhere for the culprit ...

It turned out that there was a loose connection in my umbilical cord to my toad ... somehow it was back feeding to the turn signal on the coach ...

I found it by disconnecting the umbilical cord ... and the light WORKED ... so I knew where to start looking ... but I spent several hours over a couple of days looking for this problem ...

My suggestion is to disconnect as much as you possibly can ... I think you probably have a loose connection or bad ground somewhere ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Here's another idea for you...check the plug on the coach chassis that connects to the toad. My signals were not working properly and I discovered today the previous owner had struck the ground with the plug and caused a short between wires. Cutting them all solved the problem....now I just need to install a new plug. Good luck...
Marinelender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Turn lights on my 04 Itasca Meridian worked on and off and then just stopped completely. Freightliner found my problem. It was the two flasher relays that are located behind a panel on the floor on the drivers side.
tarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Hi,
First I would check fuses for turn signals and then the flasher as previuosly stated.

I am assuming your toad is not conected aso that would rule that out.

My guess is that there is a popped fuse or bad flasher.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If the emergency flashers are working, turn them on and find that flasher, the turn signal should be right there. It is a whole lot easier to find and mark them while they work, both mine went out at once, Napa auto supply had them in stock. Mine were in the outside bay under the driver seat.
Billy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I had this same problem about a year ago. After changing flashers and tracing the electrical I fount that the connector under the steering wheel came loose, replugged it back in and all is well. Probably came loose from moving the steering wheel up and down to fit the table on the steering wheel while camping.
Good luck!