Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2018, 04:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Turn signal cameras

Anyone have a solution to foggy camera pics on left and right side cameras. Still looks foggy after cleaning the lens
Old 10-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #2
4gone

No, but eagerly awaiting an answer. Mine are on a Minnie Winnie, and mounted on the mirrors. They are virtually useless. I did get minor improvement by adjusting the brightness settings on the radio/monitor.
4gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have the same problem with My 2006, Have tried cleaning them with every thing I can think of. No luck Hope some one else has a solution that will help.
neal day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

More than likely the lens on those cameras are plastic and I learned the hard way that some solvents do not play well with some plastics. I didn't wreck any camera lens, but I think it was Goo-Gone I was using on the clear plastic face of a walkie-talkie and it softened the plastic and made it a bit cloudy. If you take a close look at the lens and the surface seems to be a little textured or otherwise unclear, you might try some polishing compound on a Dremel buffing wheel at a slow speed. Just be sure to use a very light touch and keep the buffer moving to prevent "burning" the lens. Hey, it might work!
Old 10-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I updated our 08 Journey’s cameras when we bought it and the new ones do the same. I just shimmed the cameras so I’d see less of the side of the coach.

I fly drones, camera technology is FAR better. I just need to modify the cameras.
jdkskyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I had the same fogging issue. The camera was replaced under warranty. The fogging was between lenses so cleaning had no effect. Personally, I find the side cameras virtually useless. The mirrors - properly adjusted - will provide a superior view and will provide better depth perspective than the camera particularly after dark.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I thought about polishing them with toothpaste, but now after reading your note, it doesn't look like it would help
Old 10-15-2018, 06:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I need to look at this system a little closer to see if other higher quality cameras can be substituted. My backup camera is okay but the sides suck.
I’d like to have three monitors, one for each side and rear. I hate when people come up behind me to pass and just sit along side of the rig, sometimes in a blind spot. I added little round mirrors to each side mirror. It helps also.
jdkskyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

did you try the contrast adjsutment?

I thought i had the same problem but it cleared up when i adjusted the contrast on my cam. Just a thought.
shutler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #10
4gone

I tend to agree with that assessment. I would prefer at this point not to have them. I need to look into how to disable them so that I don't lose my rearview on the camera when I'm turning. I liked being able to use the rear view while turning because I can see my tow lights and know if everything is functioning properly.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
2010 Winnebago Via 25r

My right camera on my 2010 Via is intermittent. Some times says no signal. Others is perfect. Change and upgraded the in dash radio that did not help. So far I just live with it
Mbarton557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarton557 View Post
My right camera on my 2010 Via is intermittent. Some times says no signal. Others is perfect. Change and upgraded the in dash radio that did not help. So far I just live with it
If I recall correctly, there is a connector inside the sidewall that takes the signal to the radio. The cameras are held on the sidewall by two screws and are easily removed to access the connector. You might want to pull the camera and see If the connector is secure. Likewise, check the connection to the screen in the dash. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #13
2010 Winnebago Via 25r

Camera fix

Thanks I will ck. I replaced the radio and no difference so must be at the camera
Mbarton557 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera