Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Trimark keyless entry troubleshooting?

When we did our PDI everybody including us forgot to check the Trimark keyless lock. Well, guess what? It doesn't work. Trimark is one of those companies that will not talk directly to consumers. They refer you back to Winnebago who refers you back to their dealer network. I'm going to call Winnebago on Monday and see if they will work with a mobile tech.
We are full timing with pets and LaMesa in Phoenix will work us in since it is a new unit, but it will be a pain you know where. Would rather troubleshoot myself first.
Here is what I've done so far. Both fobs don't work. When I press lock, I can hear a faint click and the porch light will come on, but I can't hear anything in the door itself. Door lock rocker switch on passenger console not working either.
I found the location of the control box and followed Trimark's video instructions on programming the fobs just in case. Pressed reset button three times, LED light lit and blinked as shown when the fob lock button was pressed. No change in operation when lock button pushed. Porch light came on as before. So, I know that the fobs and control box are talking to each other.
I assume that I could take the door lock apart and check for 12 volt signal to locking mechanism.
Your thoughts?
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post
When we did our PDI everybody including us forgot to check the Trimark keyless lock. Well, guess what? It doesn't work. Trimark is one of those companies that will not talk directly to consumers. They refer you back to Winnebago who refers you back to their dealer network. I'm going to call Winnebago on Monday and see if they will work with a mobile tech.
We are full timing with pets and LaMesa in Phoenix will work us in since it is a new unit, but it will be a pain you know where. Would rather troubleshoot myself first.
Here is what I've done so far. Both fobs don't work. When I press lock, I can hear a faint click and the porch light will come on, but I can't hear anything in the door itself. Door lock rocker switch on passenger console not working either.
I found the location of the control box and followed Trimark's video instructions on programming the fobs just in case. Pressed reset button three times, LED light lit and blinked as shown when the fob lock button was pressed. No change in operation when lock button pushed. Porch light came on as before. So, I know that the fobs and control box are talking to each other.
I assume that I could take the door lock apart and check for 12 volt signal to locking mechanism.
Your thoughts?
Go to the control box and remove the connectors for a couple of minutes. That worked for me.
MurphyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyMan View Post
Go to the control box and remove the connectors for a couple of minutes. That worked for me.
Thanks, will give that a try.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Try cleaning the contacts on the hinge edge of the door.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Agree with ChasA.

The porch light working indicates there is a problem between the control box and the door locks.

The contacts in the door hinge are a common source of this problem.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

There might be a bad solenoid in the door lock. Mine was defective when we got the coach. A simple DIY job once you get a replacement if that is the issue. Check the contacts first as other have suggested.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Well I found the problem. The wires in the door frame were not crimped to the spring connector and had come loose. Got to call Winnebago and find out which wires go where. It should be a no brainer since the wires are all numbered.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Hook them up, either way. If it works, you're done. If its backwards, lock and unlock will be backwards. Swap the wires if that happens.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Hook them up, either way. If it works, you're done. If its backwards, lock and unlock will be backwards. Swap the wires if that happens.
Don't think so. There are four wires/contacts. I don't want to cook something that is ultimately under warranty.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Ahh, must be more than the solenoid in your door, a light maybe?

Old 11-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

You said it's under warranty. Don't mess with it or you give them grounds to deny any future warranty claim on the Trimark system. FYI, here is an ongoing conversation about all the remote/wireless door locks used on Winnebago products.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Issue resolved!

Here is the solution. On the production floor, the assembler did not crimp the connectors to the back of the contact strip on the frame side. Nor were they crimped on the door side of the contact strip. This allowed the wires to come loose during transit.
I called Winnebago and gave them the wiring harness number and they told me what wire went where.
Saved a trip to the dealership!
Old 11-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

I wish the later model coaches had as much wiring info as the older ones. Never understood why they changed what they post.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
I wish the later model coaches had as much wiring info as the older ones. Never understood why they changed what they post.
It was no big deal for Winnebago. I gave them the harness number off the wire and they pulled up the drawings and told me the exact connection sequence. I was very impressed.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for sharing. Your results. Wish Winnie would post all their drawings.

I totally get why you fixed it yourself. A lot less hassle than taking it in for warranty work. It costs me more in fuel and time to take it in for repair than to do it myself, something that some people just don't understand. I have asked similar questions like this before and got the typical "it's under warranty" response, argh.