Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Trik-L-Start

I purchased a Trik-L-Start for my 04 Meridian and I would like to install it on the aux. start battery solenoid. The problem is that I don't know where it is and what it looks line.
RPodlogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Take a look at this Winnebago Service Tip: 2006-04 Trik-L-Start -

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Why the Solenoid? I am hooked directly to my starting battery & I unplug the unit from 110 when not using it & pull the small "included" plug! Simple.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

trik-l-start

I too have purchased the trik-l start and wired it directly to the house battery bank. I would rather hardwire it to the start solenoid but don't know where it is on an 07 adventurer 38t is there a pdf that covers my model?
Thanks in advance
Milom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:32 PM   #5

My opinion is that the battery compartment would be a highly corrosive environment versus where the Battery Isolator Relay is located.

My choice for the install would be at the BIR.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Why the Solenoid? I am hooked directly to my starting battery & I unplug the unit from 110 when not using it & pull the small "included" plug! Simple.
Trick-l-start is a one way connection from house batteries to chassis battery. It draws power from the house battery when plugged in to shore power and shares it with the chassis battery. Most chassis batteries do not get charged when on shore power alone.
Milo
Old 02-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milom View Post
I too have purchased the trik-l start and wired it directly to the house battery bank. I would rather hardwire it to the start solenoid but don't know where it is on an 07 adventurer 38t is there a pdf that covers my model?
Thanks in advance
Well I am not sure, but in the battery compartment there is a solenoid mounted on the wall behind the battery, and I am not totally sure as it been a while since I last looked, but on the other side of the wall to the battery compartment may be another solenoid.
Anyway I have a really new an good converter that keeps my house batteries charged and I have only had by starting battery fail cause of all the little
"Stealing" electric things that rob it of power. I have chose to use the Trikle Charge just on the starting battery.

I keep my battery compartment clean cause I am useing AMG Lifeline batteries (house battery) that are totally maintenance free and all the crosion and white stuff is total not an issue as there is non. Then I can use the rocker switch on the entry step to keep the house battery charge up. Just prior to a road trip I power on the aux battery switch an allow the converter to put a charge to the batteries. Works for me. Going on almost 4 years and no dead house battery, no cleaning, no adding water no lost of power. Been a good move away from the regular battery.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:26 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Trick-l-start is a one way connection from house batteries to chassis battery. It draws power from the house battery when plugged in to shore power and shares it with the chassis battery. Most chassis batteries do not get charged when on shore power alone.
Milo
Ok. Not something I knew. MY Trikle Charge has a 110 volt plug and a 12v out to the battery. I have to plug this into a 110 source and then to the battery terminals. So you must have a slightly different wireing setup. That's ok, just have not seen one like this.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

To find the aux / isolation solenoid, have someone flick the boost/aux switch on and off, while you listen for it to clunk.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I think you have the trik-l-charge, not to be confused with trik-l- start. The latter strictly mooches from house and charges the chassis battery
Old 02-24-2017, 04:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks in advance
This Chassis Electrical Box Assembly diagram for your coach shows you where the solenoid is. The Chassis Electrical Box is located behind the entry steps (see the Chassis Wiring Installation diagram for your coach).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:13 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I believe your 04 meridian is the same layout and frame as my 04 journey. The solenoids your looking for are in the front fuse panel box at the front of the motorhome. Twist the four clips and remove the access panel then remove the 15-20 screws they hold the outer panel in place and both solenoids are right there
throbbin367 is offline   Reply With Quote