Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone recently tried to buy a Trik-L-Start from LSL Products? I placed an order three weeks ago and received an email confirmation. To date, my credit card has not been debited, no product has arrived, there is no response to email or phone questions. Anyone know anything?
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone recently tried to buy a Trik-L-Start from LSL Products? I placed an order three weeks ago and received an email confirmation. To date, my credit card has not been debited, no product has arrived, there is no response to email or phone questions. Anyone know anything?
Old 09-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I received mine from them about three weeks ago. Placed order about two weeks before that. I had to follow up through their billing service (2checkout.com). I beleive the follow-up is what kicked them into gear.
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

They were really slow on my charger, had to email several times. Called, only got a answering machine. I think they will get around to it. Email again with threats to call credit card co.
Omurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I ordered one from RV Upgrades, a sponsor here, and received it in two days. I wired it like the wiring diagram on the Winnebago web site, which is slightly different then the instructions that come with the unit. I actually checked a later production 2006 Journey (it became a standard item at some point in 2006, but wasn't on mine) in inventory on the dealer's lot to see if Winnebago actually wired it like the diagram, and they did. The difference is that when wired like the diagram, it does not do anything to anything when you have both the battery disconnects (chassis and house) turned off - i.e the batteries stay isolated and off, so the unit does not charge the engine batteries where as when connected per the Trik-L-Start's instructions it is "on" all the time.

I have been pleased with mine and it appears to work well.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have also tried to contact them by E-mail and phone without a reply. I had mine installed by the dealer and it is not working correctly. I have heard good things about the product, however, I intend to remove it and find a product that the manufacture will stand behind.
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:58 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bellsharbor:
I have also tried to contact them by E-mail and phone without a reply. I had mine installed by the dealer and it is not working correctly. I have heard good things about the product, however, I intend to remove it and find a product that the manufacture will stand behind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have the Xantrex Echo~Charge and it has worked quite well for me but there are also happy Trik-L-Start customers. Won't the dealer stand behind the product?

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I bought mine from them last year. I think the owners of LSL are full timers. I also think LSL products were at the RV show in PA last year. We will be there this week. IF I see them I will complain and tell them to get going. I will also tell them to check this site. But I also think you would be better to order from RV Upgrades. One of our Supporters.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

LSL is a pretty small little company and when Winnebago came knocking on their door for orders for the 06 model year they have been having a tough time keeping up.

RVupgrades.com has 3 in stock and are waiting on delivery of another 20. Trik-L-Charge
Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I have one installed that I also ordered through RV Upgrades. It took a few weeks to get it, but it has been working exactly as advertised. The Echo Charge is also a very good unit with higher output, and a substantially higher price tag. I did notice that my unit does have a Winnebago part number on it. It has enough output to more than compensate for the parasitic loads on the starting battery, and keep it fully charged. I too believe that the orders from Winnebago may have bogged down their production a bit.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for everyone for the info. I have cancelled my order with an email to LSL and contacted 2checkout and told them that it was cancelled. The result was an email from 2checkout confirming the cancellation. I am going to get one from RV Upgrades.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:00 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

LSL Products was not at this show. Must be having some problems. I think you will be happy with RV upgrades.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I also had to wire my unit differently from what was shown by Winnebago in the WIT Bulletin. It really works well when hooked up right.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Rich, might we get some specifics on what you did differently with the wiring?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:17 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I have to say I bought one from them about 5 years ago. I have never had a problem with the unit and have now transferred it to my new (to us) Horizon. As far as I can recall I have never read a bad comment about the unit itself but have seen complaints recently about delivery.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote