Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #41
Winnebago Camper

I bought enough to replace all of mine. I can give them a 100% on the ones I got.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
I bought enough to replace all of mine. I can give them a 100% on the ones I got.
Please share where you got them from.
offdutyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #43
Winnebago Camper

As I posted above, I don't recall who I got them from, but it was from Ebay. If you search there you can find almost any struts you want. I knew the extended length, the collapsed length, the pressure rating and the type of ends that I wanted. It was no problem at all to find what I needed.

Look at this one. If it doesn't work, then search for "gas strut winnebago" and see what you can find.

Wholesale Lot Winnebago Gas Strut Shock Spring Lift Cargo Door prop Rod Arm 10ea | eBay
Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
As I posted above, I don't recall who I got them from, but it was from Ebay. If you search there you can find almost any struts you want. I knew the extended length, the collapsed length, the pressure rating and the type of ends that I wanted. It was no problem at all to find what I needed.

Look at this one. If it doesn't work, then search for "gas strut winnebago" and see what you can find.

Wholesale Lot Winnebago Gas Strut Shock Spring Lift Cargo Door prop Rod Arm 10ea | eBay
Sorry Horseshoe,
I did not remember everything in your previous post and since I don't read the entire thread every time I was not sure if you got them from Amazon, ebay or direct from a manufacturer. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I'm going to order 10 from the ebay seller I listed in my post above.

The ebay listing you liked to above is a different seller than the one I'll be ordering from but the struts in this listing are the same manufacturer. However they are not an exact match to the original struts on my coach. The ones I linked to in my previous post are. I just sent an offer to the seller. Hope he accepts is

If you don't mine one more quick question. I read your previous posts on this but did not see anywhere where you mention the manufacturer of the struts you got. Since you are happy with them it would be nice to know who makes them. Do you happen to remember? Are they Columbia Struts? Thanks
offdutyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

gas strut fix

I. like your idea, I already replaced a number of mine but when I get a weak one in the future I'll give this a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBB View Post
Get a piece of 3/4 PVC pipe. Open the strut all the way and measure the rod length. cut the pipe to that length and then cut a slit all the way down it and install on the rod. When you lift up on the strut pull the pipe down and it will hold the strut open. To close it just move the pipe so it covers the strut and closes. Fast simple fix. did it to my MH years ago.
lavamanz is offline   Reply With Quote