Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I've had a thumping noise on my new 2006 for the original 900 miles. It varied with speed 50+ and wind direction (left cross wind). The noise appeared to be located below and behind the driver left door. Today, I found the problem. The left fiberglass panel under the left driver door vibrates in increased wind conditions. It vibrates against the steel step supports behind the panel. Get outside when you are stopped. Bang your fist in the area below the step and you'll see and hear the large panel flutter back to hit the underneath steel brackets. Solution: I took pieces of pipe insulation foam (gray stuff) and rolled them behind and under the two driver steps. Fixed!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

we didn't have any front mud flaps at all, so I bought some from the ford dealer and installed them. Then the thumping started. I then cut some stiff hard mud flaps to size and screwed them to the soft rubber flaps that I got from ford. No more thumping. And no more sand, dirt, in my hot water tank compartment.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote