Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

thermostat problem '13 Itasca 35P

Help! I have a 2013 Itasca 35P. Upon arriving at destination Saturday the thermostat controller appears to have no 12v. Am in the middle of Yellowstone NP for the summer and the temp last night was 36 deg. I have checked all the fuses and ckt breakers I can find and no luck there. The unit is a RVproducts (coleman) 9430-33 multiple zone thermostat. I suspect it is made exclusively for Winnebago. It must have a fuse of some kind, somewhere. I can find nothing online about this product. I don't want to pry it apart without knowing where I am going since there is still warranty. As luck would have it, can't talk to any service people on this long weekend. Memorial Day.
thistlesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Here is a link to my manual that shows there is a 2 amp fuse under the thermostat plate. The plate does "pry off ".
http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documen...thermostat.pdf
Good luck. Hope yours is the same.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #3

It might just need to be reset, which I am guessing would require you to take it off the wall. We had ours "freeze" up and the tech removed it by undoing a single set screw at the bottom and pulling it out. Then he un connected the wires at the white plastic clips. They just reconnect by pushing them together and snapping them. That's all it took. I know we have different units, but it may still be the same solution. Hope one of our suggestions helps.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

There is a 2 amp fuse on the tstat circuit board. Use your fingernail to open up bottom seam, then lift cover up.

Ensure your 12v house battery disconnect is on.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Here is a link to my manual that shows there is a 2 amp fuse under the thermostat plate. The plate does "pry off ".
http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documen...thermostat.pdf
Good luck. Hope yours is the same.

I was able to remove the thermostat but no fuse on the circuit board. Thanks for everyones help.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Have had any success yet? I have trouble with my t-stat also on 2013 Journey. I just installed the second replacement in 2 weeks. Mine does not have a fuse either. My only thought would be to unplug wait at least one minute and plug it back in. You could check for 12 v at one of the plugs, but you would need a schematic.

My problems have not been a loss of power but rather such close tolerances on temp range from turning a/c on and off that I was getting a rapid cycling of the fan on/off several times before it would stay on or off. I timed my zone 2 for 6 minutes and the fan turned on 15 times and only had about a 1/2 degree temp change. I think the tstat is now working. I want to run it on a hot day when i am there to watch it. I mention this because if you need a new tstat you need to check this on heat and a/c.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Yes, you are right. I finally got to talk to a tech at Le Mesa RV and he had me pull the thermostat and disconnect the two connectors. As soon as I plugged them back in everything started working. Also, Winnebago sent me the schematic for the unit. Thanks again.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistlesmith View Post
Yes, you are right. I finally got to talk to a tech at Le Mesa RV and he had me pull the thermostat and disconnect the two connectors. As soon as I plugged them back in everything started working. Also, Winnebago sent me the schematic for the unit. Thanks again.

So glad the reset worked. I think the newer thermostats might not have a fuse, and a reset is how you "fix" the problem. However, we were recently parked next to an older Journey and his thermostat froze up. He did have 2 fuses and once they were replaced by a mobile repair....$75 later....it worked.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Glenda
One would think you ave owned many Winnebago's. Good call.

Jesse
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenda1908 View Post
So glad the reset worked. I think the newer thermostats might not have a fuse, and a reset is how you "fix" the problem. However, we were recently parked next to an older Journey and his thermostat froze up. He did have 2 fuses and once they were replaced by a mobile repair....$75 later....it worked.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Glenda
One would think you ave owned many Winnebago's. Good call.

Jesse

We have....The 2013 Tour is Winnebago number 6. We bought our first in 1997. Three gas and three DP's.

Tags
thermostat, itasca