Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Table Squeaks

Ok my table is driving me crazy... Just got back from a AZ trip longest to date 7 days and I need to do something.

My thought was a sealant / glue to mount the table to the pracket. The screws were originally stripped so I put nylon anchors in to get them to grip. Solved it the first time. But it is back and the screws are tight. So I'm thinking of roughing up the table area and the top of the bracket for a permanent non squeaking noise connection.

Any other ideas or success stories?

Thank you in advance.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Squeaky table hinge solution

I put a piece on non-skid rubber (used in cupboards on shelves) between the table and the wall (and over the hinge). It made a difference.

A year later we took the table off the hinges and added folding legs so we could push the table around, but still use it for a bed base when needed. It really was helpful we pull the table close when using the laptop, push it away when a bigger person needs the room. We bought the folding legs at Tragers RV Outlet in White Pigeon, Michigan.

Mike Leslie
2003 Minnie Winnie
Leslie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quick two night trip to Morro Bay for a test. I roughed up the metal table base and the table bottom with sanding cloth. Applied silicone and tightened the existing screws and let sit for two days. No squeaking on this trip so it might be the fix.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Bee nice to know exactly what type of table mount you have, Leslie Mike seems to think it attaches to the wall. In my 31KP my table top mounts to an aluminum stalk that has a bracket attached to the floor. In any case I have had issues as well with rattles. We finally tracked it down when the wife sat at the dinette and steadied the table top. I like your idea and when I get the unit out of winter storage I will try out the silicone fix.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas View Post
Bee nice to know exactly what type of table mount you have, Leslie Mike seems to think it attaches to the wall. In my 31KP my table top mounts to an aluminum stalk that has a bracket attached to the floor. In any case I have had issues as well with rattles. We finally tracked it down when the wife sat at the dinette and steadied the table top. I like your idea and when I get the unit out of winter storage I will try out the silicone fix.
Well here you go! I left it upside down for two days so nothing dripped on the floor... It is a free standing table.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7306.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	170550  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Ok Mike, Mine is the same......But I thought the squeak in mine was from the bottom where the post mounts into the floor bracket. When I get it out of winter storage I'll check it out. Thanks for the picture.