Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How do the automatic jacks work? Can I press a button and have it level all by itself?

When I press Auto Mode it just flashes red and green and doesn't do anything.

Just got it today and I still need to read the direction but I was wondering if it was broken!

2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax-Allison
bccsrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

How do the automatic jacks work? Can I press a button and have it level all by itself?

Just got it today and I still need to read the direction but I was wondering if it was broken!

Old 04-08-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bccsrc:

Just got it today and I still need to read the direction but I was wondering if it was broken! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You usually have to set the parking brake first and may have a requirement for the engine to be either on or off which as you mentioned would require hitting the directions to verify.

Having the books opened while you go through your new coach should help. It is a bit odd that your dealer did not go over this during your Pre Delivery Inspection or Instructional Walkthrough. A short call to the dealer may get you more immediate answers.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on your new MoHo! Mine is the older version Kwikee Level Best that requires manual leveling. We did see the saleman level a new MoHo while we were shopping. He had the engine on, the parking break set, then he pressed on and auto on the box and it leveled itself. I have looked at upgrading mine to auto mode and one of the things I saw was that you must manually level it once and store the results for the auto leveler to know where true level is. Perhaps you need to do the same?
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

On my 2006 Sightseer you have to have the engine running and parking brake set to use the jacks. This should cure the problem
Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

When I was at the Dealer picking up the RV the guy that was doing the PDI said that it must not be doing it automatically because it was already level (without the jacks down). Right then I knew the guy didn't know how the jacks work. I should have gotten someone else to look at it but I figured I could figure it out when I got home.

I will probably need to take it in and get some other stuff fixed.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

During the PDI inspection on our 2006 Sightseer, the same thing happen when our tech tried to demo the leveler system. He had another tech check it and turned out the control board had to be replaced.
jimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon p:
On my 2006 Sightseer you have to have the engine running and parking brake set to use the jacks. This should cure the problem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 2005 Sightseer without the automatic levelers; once I have mine set up in the down position, if I go too far on the left or right side, how do I raise them just a little? Seems that once I go too far down, I have to start completely over by raising all four jacks and then starting the process over...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

If I overdo jacking on one side or the other, I start to retract the jacks and then turn the control panel off to stop the retraction. Turning the panel back on lets me redeploy the jacks.

2006 Itasca 33V
roaminhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

YOU HAVE TO PUSH THE ON BUTTON TWICE FOR AUTO LEVELING
Old 04-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roaminhome:
If I overdo jacking on one side or the other, I start to retract the jacks and then turn the control panel off to stop the retraction. Turning the panel back on lets me redeploy the jacks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay; I've done that too, just thought there would be a better way and was concerned that it might zap the push-button switches.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 03 CORVETTE:
YOU HAVE TO PUSH THE ON BUTTON TWICE FOR AUTO LEVELING </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this true or are you just trying to get me to go out and play in my new RV again?

Old 04-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimo3:
During the PDI inspection on our 2006 Sightseer, the same thing happen when our tech tried to demo the leveler system. He had another tech check it and turned out the control board had to be replaced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably my issue. I leveled my 34A and I tried setting level sensor. When I turned the Control on it was supposed to light up 4 lights to show level. It did not do that.

Auto Mode flashes red and green. My book says that is the following error: Lost communication with Auto Level Sensor.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roaminhome:
If I overdo jacking on one side or the other, I start to retract the jacks and then turn the control panel off to stop the retraction. Turning the panel back on lets me redeploy the jacks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was told during PDI to not do this. They said if you over shoot the only choice is to completely retract and start over. For a newbie like me this has been a major PITA as I always miss one side or the other. With all due respect to your advanced experience, do you know for sure that you are not harming something by stopping and starting this way?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bccsrc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimo3:
During the PDI inspection on our 2006 Sightseer, the same thing happen when our tech tried to demo the leveler system. He had another tech check it and turned out the control board had to be replaced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably my issue. I leveled my 34A and I tried setting level sensor. When I turned the Control on it was supposed to light up 4 lights to show level. It did not do that.

Auto Mode flashes red and green. My book says that is the following error: Lost communication with Auto Level Sensor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take the front of the controler off and check the plugs. Perhaps a loose plug from the sensor? They are just pin type plug ins.