Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Structural issue?

On our 1st trip in our 2014 Forza 38R, we discovered two problems. The floor in the galley between the stove and sink has a soft spot and another spot in front of the half bathroom door. I had my Dad walk on the floor while I opened up the bay doors and observed the floor move about an inch. It appears to me that the floor needs another supporting brace underneath it. The 2nd problem is two of my bays in front of the rear tires were saturated with water after traveling in the rain. Our one year warranty has expired. Are our two problems considered structural which should still be under warranty? On the positive side, our Forza handled well, nice ride and we averaged 10 mpg pulling a 2001 Jeep Cherokee.

On our return trip home, we camped next to an owner of a 2014 34 ft Forza. He told me that the water hose on his washing machine got pinched and flooded his slide out on the passenger side. He also had to have the drivers side and passenger side windows replaced and he was still complaining about wind noise and the windows whistling. I observed that his LED lights were all distorted and warped underneath his awning. He was not a happy camper!
Forzatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Contact both your selling dealer and Winnebago directly about the soft spots and water in that basement bay, without further delay. Document when you first noticed them, and keep records of your conversations with the parties involved.
Persistence and firmness, plus courtesy, will help in your dealings. I've seen people storm in ranting and shouting about a problem, and watched the faces of the receipents go from wanting to help to wanting to walk away.(Been guilty myself a time or two)
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I had a leak in my right rear compartment, was caused by the middle hinge pinching the gasket when closed. I added a 1 inch piece of foam weatherstripping on the door opposite the gasket.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Forza's seem to have a problem with leaking bsmt compartments. I took mine back to the dealer and they received approval from Winnebago to repair. All of my compartments leaked and looked to only be sealed about 6" up. Our service techs were in shock. Hopefully the problem has been solved, but I'm sure Winnebago is aware of the problem and should fix it.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Ok went to the dealer they video tape the floor.Waiting for Winnebago to give the ok to fix it and the two bays .If they won't fix it I will do it my self!
Old 05-19-2015, 02:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

It seems that the LEDs under the awning are an LED light manufacturing problem that affects all of the RV manufacturers. I had mine replaced when we bought the chassis as a punch list item. It seems they shrink in hot sun.

We only have about 3K miles on our Forza, so we are still learning it. It is considered an introductory coach, so some items are definitely not the highest quality. The wiring to the passenger's side rear lights are held in place with duct tape from the factory. I haven't looked at the driver's side. The rod to hold the front "hood" open to access the generator is epoxied to the fiberglass. Mine just popped off taking the first layer of fiberglass with it (not sure what to do - I don't want to take it in under warranty and watch the glue dry for hours and hours). And I know this chassis still has the "bad" Lippert slide rails.

All MHs have issues. It's just knowing and understanding what to watch for. That's what I love about this forum - hopefully, you can learn about a potential problem and not be surprised if it happens to you!
Old 05-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Got the ok from Winnebago to fix the floor and the two bays for water leaks how about that.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzatm View Post
Got the ok from Winnebago to fix the floor and the two bays for water leaks how about that.

Do you have time to drop in and view the ongoing work to YOUR MH evenings, before the service mgr. leaves? It's just me, but I like to see what's being done to my investment.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Spongy Floor-'14 Forza 38R

Took the coach to Forest City on September 14 and picked it up on the 18th. Our floor started sagging just in front of the galley and had worked its way to the center bathroom and refrigerator. Winnebago added quite a bit of bracing and the tech told me it was getting to be a common complaint. We bought it in March of 2014 and while it was there they also replaced a warped center bath door, replaced an entire left rear jack, replaced entry door window and adjusted the washing machine brackets: all at no charge. Like others, we've had way too many issues with the coach but so far Winnebago has stood behind them. A Lippert tech was there and advised they are working on a retro for these nightmare Schwintec slide mechanisms.
Hagenl is offline   Reply With Quote