Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Stitchcraft Furniture

Has anyone purchased replacement furniture made by Stitchcraft. We have a 2004 Meridian Itasca 34h DP and want to replace office credenza table set up with a booth dinette in ultra leather.
CA puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Here is a picture of mine purchased from Discount Van and truck. They were very fast and very good quality. Some have had issues with them but think they may have made changes there. It was shipped just under two weeks earlier than I expected. Completely happy. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2923.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	20260   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2922.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	20261  

US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Bruce,

Those are nice looking seats. Do you happen to recall the model designation on them? Your dinette is the Fleetwood style with the door/drawer access under the base of the seat. All of the pictures at the Discount Van and Truck site are more like the Winnebago style, where you lift up the cushions to access the space below.

Thanks.
quiviran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The booth is the original, the seat cushions were made to fit and replace the originals, in their ultra-leather. The sofa is their Belmont style and the cushions were made to match. I would call and ask for information on the booth style that you would like to see if they indeed would make that style. I have made my dinette to work either way, life up cushions for access under or open the drawer for access. Good luck and give them a call.
US Navy Vet.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Stitchcraft is Winnebago's internal brand for furniture. Another well known brand for RV furniture is Flexsteel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the feedback, Bruce. Back to the OP question, are the seats in your rig the "Stitchcraft" brand sold through Discount Van and Truck, or another brand? And did you go there to get them, or were they shipped to you for a DIY install?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherman View Post
Stitchcraft is Winnebago's internal brand for furniture. Another well known brand for RV furniture is Flexsteel.
Thanks, Pusherman. I learn more of the ways of Winnebago every day. Does Stitchcraft also sell to after market dealers, or are they strictly Winnebago production support?

I seem to have hijacked CA puttin's original question. Sorry for that, his original question is on point. I'm just curious because I'm starting to notice a few loose threads in the upholstery and considering the options.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone for your responses and the pictures! The wife had been looking at Discount Truck and RV, but had read some concerning comments about thier quality. She read an article about Stitchcraft in the WIT, but has not been able to get much information on them.

We are new to the RV thing...November 2011 so are still learing a lot...some the hard way. We purchased the coach (used) with the understanding that after a few months, if she still didnt like the chairs/desk/table combo, that she could change. She hasnt forgotten, so it looks like we will be pulling out the nice upgrade and going with the booth. It is great to hear that you are happy with their furniture and it does look great. Also really happy to hear about their early delivery-that was another complaint from some RVers.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiviran View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Bruce. Back to the OP question, are the seats in your rig the "Stitchcraft" brand sold through Discount Van and Truck, or another brand? And did you go there to get them, or were they shipped to you for a DIY install?
These were made by Discount Van and Truck, made in house as far as I know, not by Stitchcraft. Quality is far better than the orignal furniture. They were shipped to my door. Very easy install. Hope this helps you.
US Navy Vet.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the delay in responses. We are actually camping at the beach in California and do not have WI-fi. Bruce your setup is exactly what she wants except we will need to order everything. We are thinking about ordering and driving down and let do the install.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Very good I'm glad that you found something that you like. I hope that it works as well for you as it did for me. Glad to be of some help. Safe and trouble free travels.
US Navy Vet.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Hello

We are just returning from a nice week away in the coach, so sorry for the delay. Had a great time, no problems and no luck on changing her mind. We will be heading to La in the next few months. I will send pictures once we get it done.
Safe travels...

CHUCK