Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #61
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
This may be anecdotal , but I know or have only briefly met to many people hat know the drill and still had failures for this to be lack of knowled issue. Many have had their coaches fixed multiple times. If both Winnie and Thor are offering fixes and have added new versions to of the slide system, I would day that the issue appears to be with the design and installation.
I totally agree many are having the issue and that the issue is with the design (cost/weight) and the installation (not as much as they are installing what they have at hand using jigs and templates). It is unfortunate that the repairs are failing as well. No doubt the failure rate in this case is too high.

I really prefer an original fitment when things are installed at the opportune time with room to work, I believe repairs while good/excellent can be handicapped by tight working conditions, having to "fish" items in or disassembling peripheral items which adds to disruption of the original installation.

The issue is not limited to WGO and Thor as there are complaints from all manufacturers products no matter which Lippert/Shwintech/Power Gear product is used. I met a fellow a few years ago with a Marathon returning to the factory with slide issues.

I still wonder how many of the number of instances were made worse by operating the system outside of the specified working parameters by deploying the slides in a parking lot or home driveway where it is "really close" so "should not" hurt.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #62
Winnebago Watcher

On the Schwintek slide for the Kitchen. Write Winnebago about your slide issues, explain everything. They might help you resolve.
Norm Wiginton
2014 Ellipse QD42
2009 Tahoe 4x4
nawiginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:43 PM   #63
Winnebago Camper

We had Schwintek motors on our past 5th wheel. We had a motor failure on our bedroom slide. The motor actually locked in place and we were not able to close the slide fully. I talked to a large RV repair center in AZ, and they mentioned that they were seeing motor failures due to a set screw that was tightened to much during factory install, and the housing on the motor would crack and motor failure would occur. I was told that updated motor casing where strengthened.

These motors and the slide rails need to be kept clean and well lubed with CRC lubricant. Also when retracting you should hold the button for a few seconds after closing so the motors can sync. Also never allow your RV service center to replace just a single motor if you do have a problem. The two motors need to be matching pairs in order for them to sync and operate properly. Always drop your levelers/jacks first before deploying Schwintek slide-outs.
sinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout