Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-04-2019, 09:16 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Step well cover

After at least two hours of trouble shooting with a multimeter, I've determined that the panel switch completes a ground circuit to the air solenoid. Once that ground is made, the 12v at terminal 1 is allowed to energize the solenoid coil.

I have a bad solenoid coil, and am having trouble finding a replacement. Winnebago Parts sells the entire solenoid assembly for $397. I know the valve is good because I can operate the little manual plunger.

Any ideas on where to find a Rexroth 12v solenoid? Does anyone have the actual part number? Can the solenoid be repaired?
Kvw613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Jim,
Do you have the part number for the solenoid?
Thanks,
Keith
Kvw613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Somewhere...give me a few minutes to find it...

Unfortunately, can't find the original paperwork and I don't remember where I got mine, but it was $20 for 2 and $15 shipping back in Jan. 2017. So I paid $17 each after shipping. I still have the spare but it's getting difficult to find the 12 VDC version of the Rexroth coil so I think I'll hang onto it.

Here's the specs off of the coil: Rexroth 100% ED 12 VDC 2.7 W; W5199 stamped on the metal coil cap.

Meanwhile, here's a link to a Grainger page where they carry it, but it's $41 just for one coil: Rexroth 12 VDC Coil

I did find one on eBay but the problem is that it's called a 12 VDC coil in the header, but the picture shows a 24 VDC. That one was $15 + shipping. I lost it though in the blizzard of offers by eBay (those idiots have the search set up to confuse) so no link.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

My step well slide would not work either. After attempting all the suggestions I started the engine and let it run for a few minutes and the cover worked fine. Go figure... Thanks for the post and so many great responses. I'm new here and appreciate the many responses and comments. Everything I read is new and informative.
GEck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEck View Post
My step well slide would not work either. After attempting all the suggestions I started the engine and let it run for a few minutes and the cover worked fine. Go figure... Thanks for the post and so many great responses. I'm new here and appreciate the many responses and comments. Everything I read is new and informative.
What that shows is that the step cover actuator is likely an air operated device and after you stopped the rig the system slowly lost air. So when you went to operate the step cover, no air left to operate it. There are electrically operated step covers and for most of those you need to have the key in the ACC or run position to power it but yours sounds like air driven.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote