Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Squeaky taps and doors

I'm a newer proud owner of a 2108ds. We have come to the end of our second 4 day camping trip and love the trailer. We are compiling a list of imperfections that I'm sure will be dealt with by our dealership as warranty items. One complaint that may not be a warranty issue is the squeaky doors and taps. The doors I can silence probably but I'm not sure about the taps. The kitchen taps, especially the hot side, are very noisy. Is this part of the trailer experience or is there a fix?
Donstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #2

Shouldn’t make any noise.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
Shouldn’t make any noise.
I agree but these fixtures seem a little less than residential quality. I know if I bought fixtures for my home that operated like these, they would be going back to the store!
Old 05-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #4

OK but household fixtures are not bounced down the road.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donstar View Post
I'm a newer proud owner of a 2108ds. We have come to the end of our second 4 day camping trip and love the trailer. We are compiling a list of imperfections that I'm sure will be dealt with by our dealership as warranty items. One complaint that may not be a warranty issue is the squeaky doors and taps. The doors I can silence probably but I'm not sure about the taps. The kitchen taps, especially the hot side, are very noisy. Is this part of the trailer experience or is there a fix?

What type of noise are you hearing from the taps? (I assume this is the kitchen faucet?) Could you be hearing the water pump or is it some other type of sound?
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
What type of noise are you hearing from the taps? (I assume this is the kitchen faucet?) Could you be hearing the water pump or is it some other type of sound?
Both the kitchen and bathroom sink taps squeak like a rubber on rubber sound and similar to the squeak of an old cupboard door. It is not the pump as it makes a very distinct and loud sound when it kicks-in.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donstar View Post
Both the kitchen and bathroom sink taps squeak like a rubber on rubber sound and similar to the squeak of an old cupboard door. It is not the pump as it makes a very distinct and loud sound when it kicks-in.

Oh, OK. Are they plastic faucets or metal? You may have to just replace them with regular residential faucets at some point, unless they just need to be "worn in" a little with use. Let us know what the dealer says, and good luck.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door