Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sprinter van chassis battery

My Navion 24D chassis battery is supposed to be at 12.2 v or higher. When I have it parked with all systems turned off, there is still a drain on the battery based on the battery monitor in the coach. I have to run the engine every three days to keep the cahrge above 12.2 v. Is this normal / am I supposed to do something to prevent the voltage drop?
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I also asked the factory about this being a new owner of a 2017. They said to put the stereo switch to house. For me this did not answer my question. I had a dead chassis battery after purchase and replaced it the next day. I also ordered a Trik-L-Start Ultra TRIK-L-START Starting Battery Charger/Maintainer to cure that issue. It vampires power from the house batteries to maintain the chassis battery. While the seat is off I'm getting my solar setup for my future install of it as well. The onboard battery charger in the power center will not trickle down enough not to harm (cook) your house batteries. I recommend a off board battery maintainer for this.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, chassis