Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Spider control in your Home on wheels

So how does everyone control the Spiders in their Rig. I have heard of Flee and Tick, powder. So how do you control these critters?
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We don't have a spider problem, but if we did I have no problem using bug spray in and around the RV if necessary. We spray the basement compartments in the spring to keep bugs out.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:23 AM   #3
Itasca Owners

Keep outdoor items in basement storage lockers and not inside the MH. I believe that the only time we had a spider inside was one that was hidden in a folding chair. It is also a good idea to seal everywhere that wires or plumbing passes from outside to inside. Our previous Jayco TT was much worse in that regard than either of our Winnebago's.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Twice a year we 'bomb' the coach interior and compartments and then use a 'home defense' spray.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Mothballs are the answer....we take a pair of socks, put a FEW mothballs in them and tie them off and hang one in the front section of the coach and another in the bedroom area of the coach during our 6 month storage.
They work fine and we never seen any spiders or roaches when we gear up for our rv season.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #6
Itasca Sunstar Owner

Your going to get spiders in your motorhome the same a you get in your house. They can get in anywhere. If you are infested by spiders you might want to look at where you are storing it or where you have it parked. Remember you are in the great outdoors when you go camping.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
Twice a year we 'bomb' the coach interior and compartments and then use a 'home defense' spray.
I 'bomb' our regularly (whenever the little lady is away for a while) 'cause I don't like the flys, skeeters, ladybugs nor anything inbetween. They seem to hitchhike in at every opportunity!!

Stan
Old 11-22-2018, 03:15 AM   #8
Winnebago owner

Unfortunately, in the countryside or in the mountains it's normal.

When I find... I kill the spiders and leave them in plain sight for 3 days with a ticket where I write: "He had entered without permission"! It is an example for other spiders that get scared and do not enter anymore ...

Joke ...

I try to take care of the cleaning, I never leave doors open, always use mosquito nets and sometimes use specific sprays.

Inside I rarely see spiders, and always very small, outside can they do what they want.

Another natural solution would be to fill the motorhome of cats, they are real "machines of destruction", more than the sharks: everything that moves them attack and kill him.

I've seen house cats kill very respectable snakes.

The problem then are the cat hair ...
F702119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

spiders

Boric acid is white powder that I sprinkle on top of tires. Roaches, spiders and anything that crawls has to clean itself. On the tires, they get into the dust and that's all it takes. Corn meal on the ground kills them also.
Indy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:47 AM   #10
Vista Traveler

I've had great luck with "sticky sheets" (no-pest strips) that you can fold and set up around the interior of your rig. Easily found in grocery or Walmart type stores. They will "capture" the spiders as they explore areas such as your dashboard area, back by the bedroom, etc. Only thought is, buy the style that either folds, or comes in plastic (with holes) that does not allow the sticky surface to be exposed and get stuck on floors/furniture, etc.
big428cj is offline   Reply With Quote