Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

KIX, I did see your post and started pulling the carpet away from the footrest but stopped as I wasn't prepared to do anything with the plug.

By the same token though, the plug is close to the sidewall of the cabin and the cables I have don't extend that far. You still have to wrap yourself around the chair and under the steering column to use the plug.

I'm going to explore it's arrangement next week and see if there is enough cable length to get the plug up to at least the height of the bottom of the dash.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I checked my06 DSDP Spartan chassis today and the diagnostics plug (9 pin Deutsch)and rocker switch is in similar location to my FCCC XC chassis i.e. on left side of steering column but on carpet portion of floor - very easy to see and access plug cap, etc

Old 12-21-2007, 01:43 AM   #23
I helped | retired moderator

What is the purpose of the rocker switch?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:53 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Route 66:
What is the purpose of the rocker switch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still studying the Spartan but on an FCCC it served two purposes. First, you can flash out fault codes (if any)by way of the dash lights. Here is link to a page I wrote 6-7 yrs ago for an ISB.

http://www.mydrv.net/how_to_perform.htm

And second, given the proper software on a handheld device you could change engine parameters.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:44 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Route 66:
What is the purpose of the rocker switch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, the answer is it is used for ABS. One direction clears codes and down direction will flash any ABS codes for analysis.