Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Spacemaker coffee maker removal

Have a 2000 Suncruiser 35U with the Black and Decker Spacemaker coffee pot mounted above dinette. Has anyone ever removed it and how did you get to mounting screws?
There are no screws visible or able to be felt by hand above the unit which leads me to believe they mounted it while constructing the shelf that's above it, thus hiding the screw heads. Asked customer service and they weren't sure, but felt that was the case.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Romer,

I just removed mine: It just takes a little more muscle that you would expect to pop it out. the slides have a little plastic catch and it pops out towards the front face of the coffeemaker.

--JT
Old 08-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer1 View Post
Have a 2000 Suncruiser 35U with the Black and Decker Spacemaker coffee pot mounted above dinette. Has anyone ever removed it and how did you get to mounting screws?
There are no screws visible or able to be felt by hand above the unit which leads me to believe they mounted it while constructing the shelf that's above it, thus hiding the screw heads. Asked customer service and they weren't sure, but felt that was the case.

When I removed my Black and Decker Spacemaker coffee pot in a 2001 35U I was also at first stumped. In the cabinet above the coffee maker there is a light weight bottom panel that can be removed with a butter knife. Just work it loose slow and carful as it is thin and can break. It is only stapled in with small staples. Once it is removed you can remove the coffee maker easily. Then just place the wood panel back into place. You can use a small staple gun or even a little Elmer's wood glue would work.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have a shelf above it,but probably the same basic construction. Thanks I'll try that tomorrow
Old 08-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytho View Post
Hi Romer,

I just removed mine: It just takes a little more muscle that you would expect to pop it out. the slides have a little plastic catch and it pops out towards the front face of the coffeemaker.

--JT
Already have coffeemaker out, I want to remove the mounting brackets
Old 08-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer1 View Post
Already have coffeemaker out, I want to remove the mounting brackets
ah- sorry- second the other recommendation- the panels are just stapled in mine, too.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Well.. I had the brackets out or our cabinet so I could reposition the brackets to allow better utilization of the cabinet space, but I'll be darn it I can remember how I did it! I do remember looking it up in the owners manual. You can download a copy if you have the model number.

Mind if I ask why you are removing it? Our coffee maker wasn't working when we bought the coach, but a cleaning with vinegar and CLR worked wonders! Problem was the CLR left a bad taste until I flushed the pot with vinegar 3 times!
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:25 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Well.. I had the brackets out or our cabinet so I could reposition the brackets to allow better utilization of the cabinet space, but I'll be darn it I can remember how I did it! I do remember looking it up in the owners manual. You can download a copy if you have the model number.

Mind if I ask why you are removing it? Our coffee maker wasn't working when we bought the coach, but a cleaning with vinegar and CLR worked wonders! Problem was the CLR left a bad taste until I flushed the pot with vinegar 3 times!
Removing it because we don't use it and don't want it just hanging there.

Thanks to all for the replies.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:29 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

If I can get a chance to get back to the coach today, I'll look up the manual for that coffee maker and see where the bracket screws are.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, I know where the screws are, just can't get to them. Managed to loosen the bracket enough to get Dremel in there and cut them. Leaves me with same hole I would have if I unscrewed them.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Yes you have to gently pry the 3/16 inch panel off the shelf above the coffee maker to get at the screws to remove the bracket. Many parts of the cabinets are lightly framed hollow or foam core panels made up with 3/16 inch or thinner veneered plywood surfaces.

It is fairly easy to damage the decorative railing when removing the false shelf above the coffee maker.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
Yes you have to gently pry the 3/16 inch panel off the shelf above the coffee maker to get at the screws to remove the bracket. Many parts of the cabinets are lightly framed hollow or foam core panels made up with 3/16 inch or thinner veneered plywood surfaces.

It is fairly easy to damage the decorative railing when removing the false shelf above the coffee maker.
The panel was less the 3/16, glued and nailed. Removing the railing was easy, gave up on the rest and cut the screws flush.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

If your looking to sell said space maker for a reasonable price. I'm looking for one. Any one know why they are so dang expensive?
Old 09-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesound View Post
If your looking to sell said space maker for a reasonable price. I'm looking for one. Any one know why they are so dang expensive?
Sent you email.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Replied thanks!
Old 09-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

can you actually by replacements? Ours works great and sure beats having to store a coffee maker.
BCIslander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal