Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Some of you have mentioned that my unit may have a tilt dash. I have a 07 Suncruiser w/Workhorse chassis. Can anyone tell me how and where to look to see if the dash will tilt?
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Some of you have mentioned that my unit may have a tilt dash. I have a 07 Suncruiser w/Workhorse chassis. Can anyone tell me how and where to look to see if the dash will tilt?
Old 03-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

It might be better if you would have asked this question in the other thread it would keep all the info together and might help others with the same issue. No need to start 3 threads regarding the same issue.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Well Jim - that's assuming everyone would go back to that thread to see what else is going on...IMO that wasn't going to happen. I more or less closd that door last night and then read another post about the "tilt" dash - hense this post. Certainly hope I didn't offend you.

No one told me how the dash was supposed to open.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

So someone please tell me. How does one say to the forum - hey please come back to my old post I have another question???
Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Well, since I didn't see the "other" post, I'll reply to this one. If your dash is like the one on my 2005 Sunova, just lift up the edge closest to the steering wheel. It should just tilt up. You'll need to make some kind of prop to hold it up... I used a piece of dowel cut to length.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Tom when you post another question regarding the same issue people will know that there is another inquiry or statement because the thread will come to the top of the forum.

What I posted is only my opinion and not everyone or anyone might agree with me.

I hope you find out what is wrong with the remote. I use mine all the time while driving.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocket Heart:
So someone please tell me. How does one say to the forum - hey please come back to my old post I have another question??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you just add another post to that thread, it should bump the thread to the top of the forum again, shouldn't it? Or am I missing something?
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Your Suncruiser does not have a tilt up dash. There are four screws on the windshield side of the dash binnacle that you must unscrew. This will allow you to take off that cover so you can get to everything behind the dash. I've had mine off several times. It's easy to do. Just watch out for the wire that connects the 12 volt power tap on the right side.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocket Heart:
my unit may have a tilt dash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Some tilt up towards the dash - it's not hard to lift. Others have a cover that you have to remove screws to lift the cover up. You'll be able to see the screws by leaning over the dash.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

The Suncruiser dash was redsigned for the 2005 model year. The dash no longer tilts.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doug Sage:
Your Suncruiser does not have a tilt up dash. There are four screws on the windshield side of the dash binnacle that you must unscrew. This will allow you to take off that cover so you can get to everything behind the dash. I've had mine off several times. It's easy to do. Just watch out for the wire that connects the 12 volt power tap on the right side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug - thank you very much. Went out and unscrewed the dash - traced the wire from the sensor and found it was not all the way plugged in....result - all fixed - no problems - remotes work!!!

Thanks to all who replied to my many post's - won't do that again... unless I have a senior moment.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Gotta love those easy fixes.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote