Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sliding Closet Drawers Dragging

In my 2008 Winnebago Tour, the sliding mirrored doors on the rear closet are dragging on the bottom rail. In fact, the bottom aluminum channel is all marred up from the bottom of the doors as they slide. I tried to see if there was an adjustment but it looks like they are set as high as they go. I cannot even see how to remove the doors to take a better look.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to adjust the doors? Any ideas on how to remove the doors?

Thanks in advance.
wlf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlf00 View Post
In my 2008 Winnebago Tour, the sliding mirrored doors on the rear closet are dragging on the bottom rail. In fact, the bottom aluminum channel is all marred up from the bottom of the doors as they slide. I tried to see if there was an adjustment but it looks like they are set as high as they go. I cannot even see how to remove the doors to take a better look.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to adjust the doors? Any ideas on how to remove the doors?

Thanks in advance.
I think if you take a light and look close, you will see the screws that hold the upper track have come loose.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I think if you take a light and look close, you will see the screws that hold the upper track have come loose.
Thanks for replying. I did check and all of the screws are tight. The upper track is solid and is up as high as it can go.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlf00 View Post
Thanks for replying. I did check and all of the screws are tight. The upper track is solid and is up as high as it can go.
OK, my next thought. Is this a new problem or has it been that way since new or when you acquired the coach?
I mentioned the loose track screws because that happened to one of my pocket doors a while back.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
OK, my next thought. Is this a new problem or has it been that way since new or when you acquired the coach?
I mentioned the loose track screws because that happened to one of my pocket doors a while back.
It seems to come and go and is based on whether the coach is sitting on all fours or on the jacks, and I think whether there is a little twist to the coach.

But in most cases, if I pick up on the doors, I can get them to slide OK. But there is no adjustment left on the doors that I can see. It looks like they are adjusted all the way to the top. I only need an 1/8" or so to make it slide smoothly.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Had the same problem on our 2008 Itasca Latitude and they also looked like they were at the top of the adjustment screw, but found there was still some adjustment left when trying the screws, it took very little to get to the point that the doors no longer were riding on the lower track.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Are all the sliding doors rollers in the track correctly? Is one or more of the rollers broken?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Are all the sliding doors rollers in the track correctly? Is one or more of the rollers broken?
All of the rollers on in the track correctly and none of them are broken.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLman2 View Post
Had the same problem on our 2008 Itasca Latitude and they also looked like they were at the top of the adjustment screw, but found there was still some adjustment left when trying the screws, it took very little to get to the point that the doors no longer were riding on the lower track.
I tried to adjust the door up, but the adjustment was at the very top already. I thought if I could move the adjuster down a little, it would work. So I removed the one screw that goes into the door frame and then realized that the adjuster hooks over the top of the metal frame, not allowing it to go any lower.

Here is a picture of the adjuster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Sliding Door.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	84447  
Old 01-31-2015, 08:31 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Looking at your photo. What if you removed the single screw that holds the adjusting mechanism to the door frame and moved it down a quarter inch. Then readjust the adjusting screw to the new position for height.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

My mirrored doors have glides on the bottom and rollers at the top. Sounds like your glides are missing.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote