Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvWarner View Post
Lippert says slides first, Winnebago says level first. I have a Winnebago with two Lippert slides so......
I called Lippert cust svc. My drivers side front slide destroyed itself twice. Their recommendations are to level the coach and then extend the slides. To retract them, start the engine, let it run for at least 5 minutes and then pull them in. Last step is to retract the jacks.
Since I've been doing it that way, there has been no problems. by the way, I detest that system on the larger slide and like it on the smaller bedroom slide. Maybe I'm just gunshy after two failures?
Old 09-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #22

I find the continuation of this thread amusing. One Winny OP say Winnebago says level first then slides out, and another OP says Winebago say slides out then level. Then SOBs add their two cents worth.

Bottom line...different manufacturers advise one way or the other. If it isn't in the owner's manual, then check with the manufacturer...because the SOB owner doesn't know what your manufacturer says, and in some cases neither do owners of your brand. And come warrantee time, it doesn't matter what makes sense to you, it is what the manufacturer said. Once you're out of warrantee you can do it however you want...but I'd still lean towards what the manufacturer says. Of course, JMHO.
DLaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, slide