Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My sofa side doesn't seem to "catch" to move the slide. Hydrolic motor whines but doesn't move slide as it once did. Jacks work OK as well as rear slide with bed. Got ot part way out and to retract it had to go out and push on the side as wife held down the retract button. Any ideas?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My sofa side doesn't seem to "catch" to move the slide. Hydrolic motor whines but doesn't move slide as it once did. Jacks work OK as well as rear slide with bed. Got ot part way out and to retract it had to go out and push on the side as wife held down the retract button. Any ideas?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

While it's possible someone here has some ideas for you, this is actually the wrong forum for your question. A "Slide-in" as referred to here is a Truck Camper that "slides-in" to the back of a pickup. Now some modern Truck Campers do have "slide-outs", but they are usually run with electric motors, not hydraulic units. You might want to pick another forum to ask you question. Good Luck.

Rick
Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I looked at your profile ...

<span class="ev_code_RED">THIS IS THE CORRECT FORUM.</span>

I suggest that you call HWH ... I have found that they are able to make great suggestion each time that my motorhome slides or jacks have hiccuped ...

HWH Customer Service.
Phone: (563)724-3396 or (800)321-3494
Fax: (563)724-3408
Business Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central Time (M-F)
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skigramp:
I looked at your profile ...

<span class="ev_code_RED">THIS IS THE CORRECT FORUM.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just to clarify - this thread was started in the Slide-In Truck Camper forum. I moved it down here to the Winnebago forum and PMed Woof (the OP) to let him know that his thread had been moved.

Now that it's in here, I'll leave it to the Winnebago forum moderators to manage.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Skigramp.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Woof:

I see from your profile that you have a 2002 Adventurer. Just a guess, but if the pump is running and your jacks and rear slide work, the extend solenoid for your living room slide may have failed.

As already suggested, you might want to call HWH Corporation in Moscow, IA and ask for the tech guys. They usually take a message and have someone call back but they are very helpful.

By the way, I was born and raised in Mechanicsville..lived on Fullview Ave off Atlee Road.

Let us know what you find about your slide.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

smlranger We live off Atlee Station Rd. Going north on 301 turn left on Atlee, (parallel to r.r. tracks) then at 4th street turn left into Subdivision Craney Island. That might not have been there when you lived here. It was begun in 1988. I grew up in Ginter Park and don't know where Fullview Ave is located. Also thanks for the help on this slide matter.