Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slideout trouble :(

Having slideout troubles, we have been parked for about two weeks. Went to leave and the slide out will not come in. We ended up cranking it in manually.
What could be wrong ? Made sure emergency brake was engaged, checked breakers. What else could it be ? It went out without trouble two weeks ago.

2003 Sightseer (Kwikee DigiSynce Slide)

Thanks
Mike
Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

They could be on a resettable breaker and not a auto one find it where ever it might be and see if the button has popped out most likley by the controller
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

Your problem could be a fuse that is located in the control box for the slideouts and levelers. I have a 2004 Adventurer and my control box is in the center of the coach right behind the grille or bumper.

I also had the same problem and found the pump motor to be bad. Now you have to options and that is 1- take it out and have it rebuilt or 2- buy a new one. I had mine rebuilt but that didn't last so I purchased a new one from HWH.

You can also call HWH and speak to tech and they could help you out too as they are very good.

Good luck!
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Slideout trouble

+1 on the fuses. HWH tech line is helpful when you can talk to them, but their response time is less than desireable. I just replaced my pump motor. I was able to get the new replacement motor from Truck Alternator shop in Dallas $135! You are going to pay X2 that amount from HWH. It is the same motor and pump that they use on rear Liftgates on trucks. Good luck

RonnieTucker
RonnieTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4jeepn View Post
Having slideout troubles, we have been parked for about two weeks. Went to leave and the slide out will not come in. We ended up cranking it in manually.
What could be wrong ? Made sure emergency brake was engaged, checked breakers. What else could it be ? It went out without trouble two weeks ago.

2003 Sightseer (Kwikee DigiSynce Slide)

Thanks
Mike
My Kwikee DigiSynce Slide on 2006 Sunova would not slide out.. I removed the face plate for the slide (figured it was an electrical problem as there was not any "noise" when I pushed the button).. after removing face plate I found the male/female plug was disconnected from each other.. now working great... just an idea..
ftum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Does the green light on the slide panel blink when you press the switch? If so you might try pressing the out button and then retry the in button.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I have inspected electrical connections at the motor. Everything looks good.
I cannot find any fuses except the automatic circuit breaker.
I have tried pushing the in button and out button. Absolutely nothing happens, no blinking, no sounds. It is so strange that it went out last time with no trouble, then tried to bring it in.....and nothing.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

please refer to my previous post... sure sounds like you are not getting any electricity to the panel where the slide out button is.. just remove 2 small screws and you will be able to see if the male/female plug has "jiggled" loose.. that was my problem... This was my bedroom slide. The front slide panel has a reset button, however, my bedroom slide panel did not.. therefore, I removed the face plate to see if there was a reset button..could tell right away what the problem was.. plug to slide out panel was not connected.... hope this helps... Like you, my worked one day, then not the next..
ftum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

On my 2006 adventure 38j i found that In addition to the parking brake being on, the jacks had to be down. Len
LKANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

same problem, had 12v @ motor, tapped on motor with small hammer, while wife was trying to operate rocker switch, started working, beats cranking in with winch, now works ok for now!
maclac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKANER View Post
On my 2006 adventure 38j i found that In addition to the parking brake being on, the jacks had to be down. Len
I *THINK* I have put out my slides several times without the jacks down. I could have imagined that but I'm just saying...
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout