Old 12-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Did this work for you? We are in need of help with what sounds like the same problem.
Laurachrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerboy View Post
Thanks for the good info. Here is a pic of the outside trim at the rear of the slide. That is about 1/2 inch misaligned. Next is a pic of the nylon insert in the rear ram. It does not look like the wear in the insert could cause that much drop as shown by the trim misalignment. Am I thinking right here?
By chance do you have basement compartments hanging from the slide? If so, check all of the hanger bolts. They have a habit of breaking.

Check with HWH for the correct alignment procedure. I find their site a bit hard to navigate. The Winne hotline might be of some assistance.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:35 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

I'm following this..I have a 2004 38r with the same issue.. The molding at the bottom in buckling..
Rvtripping54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:58 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

One thing to note, for those with HWH slides, is the pads wear out and the slide ram bucket fails. This happened to me on my '05 Vectra. The slide would not go in. The bucket was bent and the ram was not aligned correctly. Also, keep an eye on the basement hanger bolts. They tend to break. Happened to me on that rig.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:39 PM   #19
Winnebago Watcher

I too have search up and down for answers to my very similar problem on a 2005 Adventure 35u, living room slide, corner closes to driver on driver side. The slide is sitting about a half inch low. I am looking for additional photos of this procedure, additional info, etc. The model I have has the storemore slide.

Who is the AZPEAT mentioned, does anyone know of the photos sent to the OP of this post and if they exist on here?

Thanks for any assistance.
Joe.phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:39 AM   #20
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.phil View Post
I too have search up and down for answers to my very similar problem on a 2005 Adventure 35u, living room slide, corner closes to driver on driver side. The slide is sitting about a half inch low. I am looking for additional photos of this procedure, additional info, etc. The model I have has the storemore slide.

Who is the AZPEAT mentioned, does anyone know of the photos sent to the OP of this post and if they exist on here?

Thanks for any assistance.

Winnebago Owners Online Community - View Profile: azpete
I don't know if this works but it is worth a try:
http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm
I know the pads ware out. I have had them replaced but have never done it myself.
Give close attention to all of the slide track hanger bolts and basement hanger bolts. They have a history of breaking.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:51 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Sagging Slide Problem

Hello all -

We had the same situation with a 2004 Vectra (previous coach). I'm attaching a link to a Youtube video the shows what we did to fix the problem.

The basic problem (for us, anyway) was that the plastic triangle slide pieces and worn down so much that they didn't give enough elevation, with one end being worse than the other - and all of the symptoms that everyone describes here.

I ordered the "triangles" from HWH who shipped them right out. It's a tedious job and a little dirty (though not as dirty as shock absorbers!) but possible to do. The hardest part is fidgeting with the little triangles to work them in through the small space that is created....but I am here to tell you that it can be done and fixed our problem. If I can do it, then persons of limited ability can!!! The part that I had to figure out was the jack to support the slide - that is essential for the procedure to work as the openings aren't big enough if the ram is bearing the weight of the room.

Just my .02 and good luck should this be the problem. You can look at the little slide triangles without removing anything and pretty much tell if they are worn and have grooves in them. For all that I know, others may have different problems producing the same symptoms. At least this one you can see before tearing things apart so that you know it needs to be done before disassembling just to find that they are ok.
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:53 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladagobago View Post
I have a similar problem except my kitchen end drops when fully extended. it fine when retracted. It leaves about 1/2" open at the top so the seal doesn't stop rain if we are not leveled. also lets bugs in and allows heat to escape. seems like there is some type of ledge below the kitchen area, that the kitchen is supposed to rise up to when extended. I think I have to remove the entire slide out beyond the lip ledge to repair.
I have never been able to fix the lower elevation when extended. Has anyone ever seen this problem and found a corrector?

Tags
slide, slideout