Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide won't come in-Help

2005 Itasca Horizon 40AD
Our right living room slide won't come in. You can hear the motor when you push the in button but nothing happens. Our left living room and bedroom slides work fine. Never had any problems before. We need to move the motorhome and need slide in. Coach is level with jacks down.
Any help would be appreciated.
Brenda
Upslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Brenda & Butch;

I assume you have HWH system like mine. I have never had this happen but I have been to the HWH factory in Moscow several times for other maintenance issues. I believe you have a slide solenoid failure. I carry a spare just in case. There is a way to bypass the solenoid but you first have to identify the right one as there are 2 for each slide. Call HWH at 800-321-3494 and explain your problem. They can walk you through the process to bypass the solenoid. They get busy and sometimes don't return phone calls very fast. If you decide to call them explain your predicament and hopefully they will return you call quickly. I hope I have helped you;

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Our Meridian came with a ratcheting box wrench to manually open/close the slides. It looks something like a dog bone, about 8" long. It may be in with your owner's manuals. The manual should explain its use.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Our book says to have both driver slides in to check oil in solenoid and right slide out. Do we also need the jacks up? Book didn't say.

In our book it says the right slide has to be pushed in. We have not tried this yet as no one around to help push.
Here is what the book says:
Open the hydraulic pump slideout solenoid
valves to release hydraulic line pressure and
let fluid bypass into the fluid reservoir.

The hydraulic pump is located beneath the
entrance steps. To access the pump, remove the
nut from the underside of the top step ‘lip’ and lift
the step upward and remove

Apply a steady inward pressure of approxi-mately 150 lbs. to the exterior sidewall of the
slideout room to push the room in toward the
coach until it is snug against the main coach
sidewall.

NOTE: Use some type of rigid, padded mate-
rial to protect the sidewall from punctures,
dents or other damage to the finish from any
device or equipment used to press the side-
wall in
• Pressure must be applied evenly to avoid
binding of the hydraulic mechanism. It may
take about 10 minutes to press the room
extension inward completely.

• When the room is snug against the coach
wall, close the solenoid valves to prevent
“creep out” during transit
Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

My MH has somewhat the same instructions, the difference being how the slide-room is retracted(no physical effort). The owners manual black bag has a ratcheting nylon strap inside that is used to pull the slide-room in. I am to remove the heat register from the living room floor, hook the nylon strap onto the floor opening and the small metal plate on the wall, and very slowly ratchet/pull the room in. Hopefully you have a floor register and metal plate in the right place to do this too.
I have manually pushed a slide-room in (when i was younger and stronger), it is very hard work for one person.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #6

AS per Instructions. Open the T handles on the Pump/boss then proceed moving it in.
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upslady View Post
Our book says to have both driver slides in to check oil in solenoid and right slide out. Do we also need the jacks up? Book didn't say. ...
Yes, you need the jacks UP to check the fluid level.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Had almost forgot that I had a similar issue when my unit was new. One of the wires from a solenoid to a plug on the control board was a bit short. It looked fine at the plug, but the tension on the wire had partially retracted the pin (or collar - can't remember if the plug is male or female). The retraction was not enough to be visible, but was just enough to make the contact unreliable. I spliced in a couple of inches of wire, pushed the connector completely back into the plug and it's worked fine ever since.

Just take a look in the solenoid/control board area for any wire that might be under tension...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well we still have not found the problem. When this first started it was only the right slide. Other slides worked fine and the jacks worked. Now we have no jacks and the step cover won't work! We have a guy coming tomorrow and hope he can find the problem! Love living in a small rural area until you need a tech to help! LOL I called Winnebago and the tech said there were 2 fuses under the second step for the slide. Well we both looked and never found a fuse little lone 2!
On the good side we did put a new queen mattress in and it's great!
Brenda

Tags
slide