Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Well I have a 2007 Winnebago Voyage 35A with 3 slides. I have been bragging to everyone how I havent had many issues with my new MH.

Initially I was parked in a remote RV Park in Klamath Falls and my jacks were down and would NOT go up, in fact the jack panel wouldnt even light up, called Mobile repair they found loose wires behind the panel so easy fix for $105.

I took into a dealer for installation of a window awning and some covers for the vents and mentioned that my kitchen slide kind of went in uneven...meaning one side played catch up with the other....they told me this was normal hmmmm. But being a single woman I believed them.

Was in Laughlin, NV and kitchen slide is OUT and wont go back in.....again Mobile repair who fiddled with all the switches and other stuff and finally managed to override it somehow and get it in. After that it went in and out twice so I am good to go now.

Spent 4 months in Mesquite, NV slide came in fine when I was ready to leave. That night the slide wont go out again......lights blink motor tried to engage but then quit....SOOOOOO I just lived with it IN until I got to Oregon.

I have taken it over to the dealer here in Medford last Thursday with a few issues, SLIDE, Mud flap screws are stripped so need new screws, Emergency Brake cable was sluggish, they told me it is broken hmmmmm oh yes and an oil change as I now have 6200 miles on it.

They call me today and say they are waiting for Winnebago to call them back re: slide. They have been waiting for 2 days. Now my question is: Does it take that long for Winnebago to get back to them do you think??? Is this normal?

I am a Travel Nurse and need to be at another assignment up in Salem area by July what do you think my chances are HA HA Should I just book a hotel up there, OR do you have any suggestions on dealers in that area??

Everything else I love about my MH.

Karen

Any suggestions???? helpful hints??? Effective whining strategies????
OregonLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Well I have a 2007 Winnebago Voyage 35A with 3 slides. I have been bragging to everyone how I havent had many issues with my new MH.

Initially I was parked in a remote RV Park in Klamath Falls and my jacks were down and would NOT go up, in fact the jack panel wouldnt even light up, called Mobile repair they found loose wires behind the panel so easy fix for $105.

I took into a dealer for installation of a window awning and some covers for the vents and mentioned that my kitchen slide kind of went in uneven...meaning one side played catch up with the other....they told me this was normal hmmmm. But being a single woman I believed them.

Was in Laughlin, NV and kitchen slide is OUT and wont go back in.....again Mobile repair who fiddled with all the switches and other stuff and finally managed to override it somehow and get it in. After that it went in and out twice so I am good to go now.

Spent 4 months in Mesquite, NV slide came in fine when I was ready to leave. That night the slide wont go out again......lights blink motor tried to engage but then quit....SOOOOOO I just lived with it IN until I got to Oregon.

I have taken it over to the dealer here in Medford last Thursday with a few issues, SLIDE, Mud flap screws are stripped so need new screws, Emergency Brake cable was sluggish, they told me it is broken hmmmmm oh yes and an oil change as I now have 6200 miles on it.

They call me today and say they are waiting for Winnebago to call them back re: slide. They have been waiting for 2 days. Now my question is: Does it take that long for Winnebago to get back to them do you think??? Is this normal?

I am a Travel Nurse and need to be at another assignment up in Salem area by July what do you think my chances are HA HA Should I just book a hotel up there, OR do you have any suggestions on dealers in that area??

Everything else I love about my MH.

Karen

Any suggestions???? helpful hints??? Effective whining strategies????
Old 06-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Karen, I had similiar thing going on with identical unit (Itasca) and called the Winnebago Service Number and Jay immediately called dealer and they fixed it in a day. They impressed me. I think that Kwikee/Winnebago had some bad controllers/wiring issues that got installed. I know your pain. Call 800 537-1885 and ask for Jay. We love the floor plan.
Jim Weiner
Old 06-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Jim

Thank you sooooo much I am going over there tomorrow and will give them that information.

The phone number is missing the last digit???
Nevermind I found the number thanks for the contact name

Will keep you all updated hah

Karen
Old 06-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Karen,
I may be wrong but I think you missed the point of Jim's reply. YOU need to call the Winny number and then Winny can call the dealer where your MH is. Once you talk to Winny they should take over and work with the dealer on your behalf. At least that was my experience when I had a problem Winny got me into the closest dealer in short order and when I got to the shop they called Winny back again and the job was finished that day at a shop which was booked up weeks ahead.

Good luck and keep us posted,

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Yes your right, I DID miss the point, thanks. I will call them this morning and see if I can get some results. I need to check with the Dealer first and make sure they havent already been in contact with them. If not I will call right away.

Thanks so much for the help. I LOVE this forum. I usually get my answers by just reading so dont post much but I READ alot.

I am not very mechanical (duh) but I have learned alot of things from this forum also. The biggest thing I have learned is that you are ALL so helpful to everyone...thanks again

Karen
Old 06-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Update to my saga

Thanks to a couple of forum members here I went to my dealer this morning at 8:01 armed with the names I was given at Winnebago. Well they said they had a contact there and really were not interested in my names.

So I received a PM from someone at Winnebago(who one of the members here notified of my issue) and he directed me to call their service dept as he was leaving the office.

I called and spoke with a very nice and knowledgable man who in turn called my dealership and spoke with the tech working on my unit. I then received a voice mail back from him stating they had resolved the problem. WOW talk about service.!!!

My dealership has not called me back yet and I am sure they werent pleased but hey do I care??? NOOOOO I am also having the oil changed while it is there and a couple of minor issues taken care of so they may be waiting to finish that.

Oh the best part is that my warranty was up 5-15 but they are taking care of it as I am so close to my warranty date...isnt that great?

My dealership is having "Customer Appreciation" weekend this week so guess I will have to drop in.....get a free hot dog and drink ha ha

A company might make a great product but it is only as good as the customer service it provides when there is a problem. I love owning a Winnebago product even more after today.

Thanks again

Karen
Old 06-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

UPDATE

My dealership called me this morning, I was hoping they would tell me to come pick up my MH but NOOOOOOO.

My slide is NOT fixed....they did find a crimped wire but that apparantly is not the problem (but could be down the road).

The people at Winnebago are now talking to Kwikee and so far they are ALL stumped. The latest info is Kwikee is going to start sending parts and see which one fixes it...hmmmm this could take some time..darn.

I guess I am just on "HOLD" until this is resolved. I am supposed to be in Salem OR for work on July 6th so hope I make the deadline, I am keeping my fingers crossed as Hotels are expensive.

Karen