Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

Sue46, I use IE and Chrome with Windows 8 no problems with search. The site does get slow sometimes. If you can do a screen shot and post it. What were you searching for, I will try it here and see what I get?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:27 AM   #42
Winnie-Wise

I have 2 places where I have tried to do a search.

The top of the forum where I can do a google search of the entire forum or when at the beginning of the Winnebago Forum. This is where search doesn't work. It appears to work but nothing shows up. I don't get anything like Jesse has displayed. I have looked for "Sue46" and it says there is no match. For the example I searched for "slides". Search seems to work but nothing displays.

The other problem I am having is sometimes when there is activity with a thread I participate in I get an email, most of the time not. I do get the daily summaries though.

I know this is just a learning curve but it is getting very frustrating.
I can't figure out how to do a screen shot either. It is always too big. I do ctrl-C then ctryl-V, then shrink it.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:45 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

Sue46, Jbmsr's screen shot above is from a phone. The pictures below are Windows 8 and Google Chrome. I don't use the google search window. I use the search in the bar. This is the simple search and I also use the advance search to narrow the search down sometimes.
When you get an email from a thread if you do not go visit the thread you will not get another email.
"There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Search 1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	95752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Search 2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	95753  

Name:	search 3.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	95754  
Old 05-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Searching on irv2

SEARCHING ON IRV2: The large Search box doesn't work; it searches the entire internet even when IRV2 is selected. The Search that works is a Search Drop Down Box in the green stripe below the large Search button on the right between New Posts and Quick Links. I put in Sue46 and it showed all her posts/threads. I use my iPhone and iPad not a computer which can make a difference.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	95761  
austx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:00 AM   #45
Winnie-Wise

Great info folks. I never even noticed the "Search" on the green stripe. I used the irv2 one and tried the one attached to the forum lower down. Never thought to get a screen shot I would need to take a photo first. Will have to practice that a little. I have never used my phone to take a photo so another learning curve.

Thanks everyone for helping me on my learning curve.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 06-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #46
Winnebago Master

Sue46, since you are running Foxfire I assume you using a windows based computer. On the keyboard above the numerical keypad is a key labeled Print Screen.
Hold down the ALT key and press the Print Screen Key and this will capture whats on the screen to the clipboard. You can then paste the screen shot in any photo editor.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:16 AM   #47
Winnie-Wise

Grant and Pat,

I do use the Prt Screen button all the time but the display is too large. I shrink it down by using the corners but it is still too large to put into the thread. I had the same problem with the photos I posted, I had first save them via software to a low resolution, the shrink them down so they would fit the thread. The photos worked fine, just took a lot of work to get them to where they could be displayed.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 07-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #48
Winnebago Camper

grtharris:
I a earlier post you stated that you do not need to run the engine to open/close the slide.

If the slide is using the engine starting battery you would be best to run the engine. This will give you the added amps of the alternator. It would also help eliminate weak battery problems. Motors also can fail prematurely by not having enough amps so why take the chance.
If in doubt read your manual. Winnebago's is excellent.
tzensen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide