Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 06:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Slide out ram inboard end access

I have a hydraulic leak from the forward slide out ram. (2000 Winnebago Adventurer, 32 ft.) The cap end with the hydraulic fittings appears to be in a 'void' space under the floor of the living area. I see no way to access that except cutting through the floor. Is that the way or is there some simpler way. I've talked to two people at Winnebago and their answers (different) suggested access panels in compartments, which I found do not exist.

Anyone know how to get to the end of the ram??
Chuckmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I am not familiar with your model, but on our 40KD, the ends of the rams are accessible from underneath the wheel well for the front on the passenger side, and from inside the lower bay for the rear ram. The hydraulic fittings are located within the spaces accessible from underneath...I recently had to replace the lines, so this is experience talking ;-)
From the interior, an accordion panel covers the front ram and mechanism, and the rear mechanism is minimally accessible from the far right end of the slide, which in our rig is the kitchen. I could reach the hydraulic access for the passenger slide towards the rear by removing a trim piece and squeeeeeeezing my arm through to reach the connections.

The rams for the bedroom are accessible through panels on the exterior that are 'removable' although not easily. I've never messed with them, but do know that the panels are cut out for removal.

On the driver's side, the rams are accessed (both front and rear) from underneath the coach - albeit much more easily when the slide is out.

I'm not sure that this helps, but thought that I would make the suggestion at least.
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaptrn View Post
I am not familiar with your model, but on our 40KD, the ends of the rams are accessible from underneath the wheel well for the front on the passenger side, and from inside the lower bay for the rear ram. The hydraulic fittings are located within the spaces accessible from underneath...I recently had to replace the lines, so this is experience talking ;-)
From the interior, an accordion panel covers the front ram and mechanism, and the rear mechanism is minimally accessible from the far right end of the slide, which in our rig is the kitchen. I could reach the hydraulic access for the passenger slide towards the rear by removing a trim piece and squeeeeeeezing my arm through to reach the connections.

The rams for the bedroom are accessible through panels on the exterior that are 'removable' although not easily. I've never messed with them, but do know that the panels are cut out for removal.

On the driver's side, the rams are accessed (both front and rear) from underneath the coach - albeit much more easily when the slide is out.

I'm not sure that this helps, but thought that I would make the suggestion at least.
Thanks for the reply. As I said the rams appear to go into a 'void' under the floor of the living area. There is a metal 'belly pan' under the area where the slide ram retracts into. I found a photo which shows the metal plate. I guess I don't know how to insert the photo.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Maybe the photo will show up now. Notice the metal plate. They must have made the pic while under construction. I certainly can't see this.
Attached Images

Tags
slide, slide out