Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2008, 05:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Our street side slide out "creeps in" over time, a month or two. We full time in the coach, and every so often I have to check the ceiling lights to gauge how far it has come in, and then slide it back out. A bit irritating, and with the coach level on a concrete pad I can't figure out why it's happening. Anyone else notice this issue?

05 Vectra 40 AD
RanchoVectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Our street side slide out "creeps in" over time, a month or two. We full time in the coach, and every so often I have to check the ceiling lights to gauge how far it has come in, and then slide it back out. A bit irritating, and with the coach level on a concrete pad I can't figure out why it's happening. Anyone else notice this issue?

05 Vectra 40 AD
Old 04-05-2008, 05:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Phil,

We also fulltime and I found our rear slide did creep in for the first time. We had been in one place for 3 months. Not sure why it happen and will monitor it. If you find anything out, I would be interested.

Tks.
Kyle

W24 8.1 Vortec
Kyle241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I think it may be a solenoid valve leaking. If my memory serves me, Gary (smlranger) had a similar problem. Maybe he will jump in here with a solution to his problem. If your slides are HWH I would suggest calling them at 800-321-3494. They are great people to work with.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

We had the "creep" problem with both slides early on. In a telephone discussion with a tech from CoachNet, we were told NEVER open or close a slide part way but ALWAYS go full open/closed and hold the button down for another second or so after it stops moving. He told us to run the creeping slide fully out, then fully back in to bleed air from the system. That cured the problem then.

A couple of years later, we began to occasionally find the bedroom slide has crept in a bit after we have been sitting for several days. I have even learned to recognize the subtle "pop" sound it makes as it creeps in late at night when I am in bed. It doesn't do it all the time ...just sometimes.

My understanding is that creeping in is possible indication of a bad retract solenoid. Ours hasn't become enough of a constant irritant for me to locate and change it, though I understand the solenoid is easy to change.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all. I have to call HWH for another issue, so I'll add this to it. They are great with customer service as I learned when I had a jack pop on doing 55 on the highway - my fault, since I had been in the habit of turning off the jack computer once the green light came on! Not the correct procedure, as I learned with their help on the phone.

05 Vectra 40 AD
Old 04-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Phil:

Everyone has given good advice. If the slide continues to creep in, you may have a failing retract solenoid for that slide. HWH will certainly help you with the detective work.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

RanchoVectra: I never had this problem on my '04 40AD. My street slide lifts before moving in making it difficult to slide at all. Do you mean the bedroom slide?

VectraDon
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RanchoVectra:
Our street side slide out "creeps in" over time, a month or two. We full time in the coach, and every so often I have to check the ceiling lights to gauge how far it has come in, and then slide it back out. A bit irritating, and with the coach level on a concrete pad I can't figure out why it's happening. Anyone else notice this issue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote