Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Slide Out -17 Blinks

I am completely frustrated with the Citrus. Now I am having problems with the street side slide. When I try to put it out it will not budge. The green light will blink 17 times. My manual only goes up to 15 times. Go figure.

I have called Winnebago, but it was quarter to five and the technician was unable to come up with a problem and most of the technicians were not available, at least the ones with the knowledge.

Putting the slide out manually is not an option with the two of us. Besides, we are only in Shreveport for tonight.

Hey, my son called and said the garage door will only go up half way. I wonder if there is a connection!
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Wayne--I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the slide. The only thing I can think of is that your son is pressing the garage door button at the same time you are pressing the slide button and the signals are getting crossed!! Sorry about that--I just couldn't help myself!! Good luck and let us know what you find out. John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Darn john, I thought you were smart and would shurely come up with a technical solution.

On secoinoi thought, maybe I should call my son and have him stop pushing that button.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Wayne;

Sorry to read about your problem. I have an intermittent problem from time to time. When I try to extend it won't and I have to push the switch several times to make it work. I guess the only thing worse is the slide not coming back in. I am told it is very difficult to manually retract one. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Ah! Last night at 10 p.m. I decided I'd push the "out" button one more time. Well I'll be - it worked. Slide went out without a hitch. Okay, I'll wait until morning to see if it comes in. This morning I pushed the "in" button and the slide just glided in.

Got on the road and made it to Meridian, about a 300 mile drive. Pulled in, left the engine running, leveled the coach, pushed the "Out" button on the little slide and NOTHING. Not even a blink of the light. Pushed the "in" button and the light blinks 17 times. Winnebago stated that this is 8.something volts low to the rear actuator. Okay, but the engine is running, why "low voltage to rear actuator?" Big slide goes out with no problem.

Winnebago is stumped, well at least that is the opinion I have as there is no known solution that Winnebago can come up with except put it in the shop. I had it in the shop and they could not duplicate the problem.

So, is it the micro-switches that the slide-out lock engages/disengages? Maybe a bad switch? So I'm sitting there wondering what the heck, when one of the little men in my head says, Batter Booster. Hey DW, sit here in the pilots seat and push this button. She does and I push the out button and out goes the slide. Wait a minute, the engine was running earlier, and not this time, but the booster battery worked!!! I'm not convinced of that at all. But it did work.

I talked with the service manager at Holiday World Of Houston (League City) and he thinks it is the kwikee module. Only problem is we cannot seem to locate where the heck these two modules are. One for the left slide and one for the right slide.

Anyone???
Old 09-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know which model Winnebago's use the Kwikee Slide mechanism?
My 07 voyage has them and I am very curious to know what other models use them and how they have held up.
Thank you.
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
rca
Winnebago Camper

Wayne...those modules are mounted on the inner rear wall, (facing forward) inside the compartment accessible by removing the panel containing the reset breakers in the electrical compartment, last one on the left rear.
I found them with the help of the Kwikee Tec. Suggest you call them tomorrow for help. All I had to do was wiggle the wires and my left side slide worked again. Also, the wiring connection for the slide locks for the left side slide are under the sofa at the wall . I had the connection come apart, disabling the slide locks. Took the dealer three months to get the wiring schematic from Winnie so they could find the problem.
Good luck with your troubles! I have cranked that slide out by hand and it ain't no fun. The DW wouldn't do her end and I gave her the ratchet!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Well, this morning was a little more troubling than I would wish for. Again, trying to get the slide in, it would not work. I pushed the little reset for 6 seconds and when the lights started to blink I tried walking the slide in. I though it was walking, but only the "out" button was working and the slide came in cockeyed. I stopped it and pushed a few more times and was able to get the slide out, then when I tried walking it in, it worked. I took each side about 1-2 inches at a time and it came in tight. I left the slide lock in the unlock position and we traveled that way. No problem with the slide creeping, etc., When we arrived I pulled into the site, pushed the out button and everything worked the way it is supposed to. I'm going to look at the module's tomorrow and wiggle the wires.

I hate intermittent problems. If it "ain't" broke, it can't be fixed.