Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I use a fixed restrictor (like the ones pictured earlier) and the water spigot. Then I have a jumbo filter canister just before the wet bay. It's a 5 micron one that's charcoal...makes good tasting water. On the output side of the filter canister I use an adjustable regulator which I set at 50 psi. The set up works well and I rarely adjust it. We also have an Oxygenics shower head which gives a good spray with low pressure. To answer the op's question- filters rarely affect pressure much but I still have the adjustable one on the output anyway.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Spent my career in hydraulics. Filters, valves etc. designed filters, valves, pumps, motors and actuators. All for the aerospace industry.
There are many misconceptions concerning filters.
The listed micron ratings are meaningless unless you establish an efficiency to that rating. The manufacture can say it’s a 5 micron but in real life it may only be 50, 80 percent efficient. They must state the efficiency or absolute rating.
As far as valves go. A regulator is just as it implies. It will (or should) allow flow though at a pressure not to exceed the set pressure.
A pressure reducing valve is basically the same thing as a regulating valve. The flow rate will depend on a variety of issues. Such as line size, length of line, bends in line and restrictions such as filters, clean or dirty.
I personally do not allow any water into my fresh water tank unless filtered. One exception, my home.
Hopefully I haven’t confused the issue as it’s been discussed.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:18 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Low shower water pressure

For what it's worth. We seem to have a knack for picking RV parks with low water pressure.
At times it seems that the shower is more 'moseying along' than running. We couldn't do anything about the water pressure but I did replace the shower head. This one makes even a dismal stream seem like a waterfall, well not quite, but it really does help a lot.

I can't find the exact model we bought but it is very similar to this one.

Oxygenics RV Shower Head with Hose Bundled with Pipe Thread - Chrome Showerhead

https://www.amazon.com/Oxygenics-Sho...omotive&sr=1-7

It is definitely a Oxygenics RV shower head, but it seems like we spent around $30.

Happy Trails
TTFoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

In parks with low pressure fill your water tank and take a shower with the water pump on along with the park water, and you will notice a definite improvement.
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:45 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
In parks with low pressure fill your water tank and take a shower with the water pump on along with the park water, and you will notice a definite improvement.
Wow...that's a great idea and so simple! Thanks for the info!

Al
Old 10-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #26
Site Team

Running your water pump while on city water is a great way to cause the pump’s check valve to malfunction filling your fresh water tank when you are connected to city water.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Running your water pump while on city water is a great way to cause the pump’s check valve to malfunction filling your fresh water tank when you are connected to city water.
Thanks for adding this bit of information! Guess I won't be trying that should I ever run into low water pressure! Appreciate it, Creativepart!

Al
Old 10-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I've done this occasionally for 15 years and haven't had a malfunction. I'm only a sample of one so it doesn't mean much but I don't recall reading on the 3 forums I frequent of that happening due to running them both.

Please explain the mechanism running both city water and the water pump pulling water from the tank by which the malfunction could occur. Thx.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:05 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I've done this on and off for 25 years with 12 RVs and never had a problem. I think you are assuming that the park water is running into the tank while the pump is on, but the tank valve is set to city water and the pump is only using the tank water. Perhaps you need to rethink your comment unless you know for a fact that it has happened under the conditions I stated.
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:55 PM   #30
Site Team

I ran the pump on city water a few times and seemed to have no issue. Then one morning I awoke to water running down the side of my coach. Overflowing out of the gravity fill.

When I called tech support Winnebago asked if I had run the pump and city water together. I said “sometimes” they told me it’s not advised to do that and that it can cause this intermittently to happen.

It happened to me twice that trip and then stopped. Even now it occasionally fills the fresh tank while on city water. But not often.

I posted about it on another RV forum and was told that the practice of running the pump when on city water was ill advised.

If I’ve been given wrong info then I apologize, but I’m just relating my personal experience.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Interesting stuff. I keep reading and learning.... I'm the OP....
Old 10-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAspect View Post
Thanks for adding this bit of information! Guess I won't be trying that should I ever run into low water pressure! Appreciate it, Creativepart!

Al
Filling the tank and then using the pump by itself (turn off the water at the faucet) will likely give you better pressure, if the park pressure is low. Give that a try sometime to see how it works.

Tags
shower, water