Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

microwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
John - I've had the same problem with my Sharp 1870 microwave/convection for about a year now and have the motor/switch in hand but haven't got anyone to help me lift that heavy thing out yet. An independent repairman has agreed to do all the work but he also runs a lake side supply store in the summer so am having a hard time arranging my schedule with his. I also decided to order the turntable motor to replace it while its in the shop. Removing it once will certainly be enough.

Sounds like you have most of the attachment screws removed except (if yours attaches like mine) the two long bolts that are accessible through the two filter openings. Those are the ones that have me concerned since one of them isn't visible where it screws into. How hard is it going to be to get it replaced after the oven repair job?

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
I just figured out how to do it. The 2 long bolts accessible thru the filter is what is need to take it out. They are retained so they won't fall out. I haven't put it back in yet, but the long screws have pointed ends so I don't expect it will be too bad. Thanks for you help I just put it back in, so I can use it until my motor comes. The long screws go in w/o problems. I hooked the back and put one of the top screws in first. Good luck.
bjsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Thanks John -

Those two long bolts/screws were the main things that were worrying me about removing the oven then trying to replace it. I'll still have to wait for the independent shop repairman to be able to get to me. I'm having back /disc problems and the doctor said not to lift anything over about 20 lbs. so that has really put a crimp on my plans. At least we're still able to use the oven, just have to push the Start button every 59 seconds. Usually 3-5 minutes is generally the longest we use it at any one time.

Good luck on your repair job, after replacing it once by the next time you'll really be an expert at removing/replacing these ovens.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

I now this is an older post but want to thank those who started. My sharp had the 59 second problem. After replacing the damper motor and switch it works fine.

Thanks Again!
Ken
trabuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trabuco View Post
I now this is an older post but want to thank those who started. My sharp had the 59 second problem. After replacing the damper motor and switch it works fine.

Thanks Again!
Ken
Certainly glad you were able to use everyone's suggestions and advice to fix this Sharp problem. I know I would never have known what the problem was or how to fix it without this Forum. It's awful so many of us had to spend all the time and money to fix a Sharp design problem.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

We are grateful to Mr. Transitor (Mark) for posting his fix and pictures. We just did this last week; replacing both the motor and the switch while we had the "patient on the table".

In case you are having trouble viewing the multiple pictures he has posted of the repair, I found I had to go to page 3 of his user photo gallery and find the micro/convection entry on that page - the entry on page 1 (which is where the link in this thread goes) seemed to only contain one picture.

Kinda funny, when I knew we were buying a coach with the combo oven, I searched for posts on how people liked and used it; in doing so I ran across this post; therefore when the 59 second issue occurred, I knew what was up. Thanks again!!
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote