Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Smile Serpentine belt change

Hi All,

Good advice again for IRV2. Is it ime to change the serpentine belt on our 10 year old, 50,000 mile Journey CAT engine?.

Leaving for a two month trip to the west coast next week. So, I asked the question. Everyone said YES do it now.

Took the rig to my friendly Freightliner CAT dealer "Boyer Ford" in Rogers Minnesota. What a great outfit. In one hour they installed a new belt greased the infamious fan bearing inspected the radiator exterior [found it to be clean with good air flow]. Cost for all the above $188.00 parts and labor.

We are now good to go with all sevice comlpete. Oils, filters, tires grease renewed. Still the same wonderful DW.

Lookout mountains, here we come.

Pine Tree
pine tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Preventive maintenance, Can't beat it. Have a great trouble free trip.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Did you buy a spare and seal it with your vacuum food saver? Anyone who has ever been to CampFreightliner will know what I am talking about.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: May be too late, but when I change a belt I keep the old one if it is still servicable. It is free insurance. My policy is to inspect the belt for cracks or excessive wear. If none, I call it good.
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Can anyone post the correct part number for the serpentine belt for an '02 ISB 300? I have heard there are two belts, one of which is almost impossible to install with the engine in the frame, and a longer version that can be installed by people like us shade tree mechanics.

2002 Itasca Horizon 32TD
Roadking52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
Itasca Meridian 36G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBBD
Did you buy a spare and seal it with your vacuum food saver? Anyone who has ever been to CampFreightliner will know what I am talking about.
Great idea, protects it from aging I presume? Wouldn't do much good to buy two and have them wear out from age at the same time. Hadn't thought of that.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by gewilli View Post
Great idea, protects it from aging I presume? Wouldn't do much good to buy two and have them wear out from age at the same time. Hadn't thought of that.
Yep, that is the idea PLUS when it is vacuum sealed, She Who Must Be Obeyed can't complain when it is in the bottom of the linen closet under the towels, blankets and sheets.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote