Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Seatbelt warning Issue

I'm not sure how this works in an RV, but assume it should work the same as in any vehicle, correct? When I sit in the drivers seat with no one in the passenger seat, my seatbelt warning chime continues to go off and the dash light stays lit for several seconds after I buckle up. It does the same if the passenger seat is occupied and the passenger is buckled up. I suspect one or both of the sensors are bad (if it has them). Wanted to check with others before calling the dealer. Does your seatbelt chime go off immediately when you buckle up?

Not that this creates an issue with the operation of our coach, but from a liability perspective, if we were to get in an accident, and the data logger indicated the seatbelts were not fastened (even though they were) the insurance company may decline a claim. So, if it's not working as it should, I would like it fixed. Thanks for your help.
Gotta_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Mine takes up to 20-30 seconds to go off. I was told by the dealers service guide that is the way it is supposed to work. so I've just decided to live with it. I know when the belt is locked-----no matter what the lite says! I think the lite is retarded.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta_P View Post
I'm not sure how this works in an RV, but assume it should work the same as in any vehicle, correct? When I sit in the drivers seat with no one in the passenger seat, my seatbelt warning chime continues to go off and the dash light stays lit for several seconds after I buckle up. It does the same if the passenger seat is occupied and the passenger is buckled up. I suspect one or both of the sensors are bad (if it has them). Wanted to check with others before calling the dealer. Does your seatbelt chime go off immediately when you buckle up?

Not that this creates an issue with the operation of our coach, but from a liability perspective, if we were to get in an accident, and the data logger indicated the seatbelts were not fastened (even though they were) the insurance company may decline a claim. So, if it's not working as it should, I would like it fixed. Thanks for your help.
mine takes a while for the light to go off also. my 02 nissan altima is the same way.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

There doesn't seem to be a sensor on mine. No wires present on or under the seat. I think it's on a simple timer.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Your all right, there is no sensor. This is a timer cut-out for the light on the dash. Remember to sit down quickly after you start the engine so that you can enjoy the seat-belt warning light
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Mine does the same. Does anyone have a way to default the seat belt warning entirely? I am mature enough to remember to fasten my seat belt without the little light and buzzer warning me.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Stick a chunk of duct tape over it LOL
Finhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

My 04 Suncruiser 33V works exactly the same. The warning lights for the antenna and the jacks also do not appear to be hooked up to their respective units either. This is why a good checklist is very valuable, We don't have the seatbelts on it, but do have the jacks and antenna on it.
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

On our Vectra, the jack warning lights are on the jack control panel (plus that screaming piezo-alert) - and the antenna warning is also on a timer w/no connection to the antenna.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:02 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Lindsay,
The antenna warnning is a timer also. The jack system on your coach should be the guide. Mine dings until the jacks are all up and the light on the dash blinks until that happens. Maybe you have a bulb that is burnt out. Have you checked?