Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2005, 11:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have replaced the SCS module three times. This am dead again! batteries in remote ok, coached hooked in my driveway to 30 amp service.
Service mgr at SCS said " these units dont like low voltage" Something in this 05 Vestra must be causing this module to go bad. Any help out there?
evan whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have replaced the SCS module three times. This am dead again! batteries in remote ok, coached hooked in my driveway to 30 amp service.
Service mgr at SCS said " these units dont like low voltage" Something in this 05 Vestra must be causing this module to go bad. Any help out there?
Old 12-31-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My keyless entry would stop working for sometimes a week, than would start working again. It did this at least a half dozen times, now that I'm out of warranty it has quit for good. They replaced the keypad,by the door, when we were at the factory getting service in July. It only worked about two weeks.

2010 View 24K
warrenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Please folks, someone must have a solution for this problem!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We too have had occasions when our keypad wasn't working properly. We finally figured out that the keypad works off the 'engine' batteries and when the engine batteries are low, the keypad won't work right. No matter whether we are plugged in or not, only the house batteries are being charged and full house batteries makes no difference. When the 'engine' batteries are fully charged, the keypad works as it's suppose to.

Hope this helps.

Happy New Year everyone!
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

GRRRR.....

Welcome me back to the rv world.....my first issue with a one day old coach.
Guess I'll do some reading on troubleshooting the SCS as neither of the two remotes or the keyless entry panel will "operate" the door lock now.

Handhelds work the compartments fine,(forgot to check the panel operation of the compartments as it's raining...) and the remotes and the keyboard both "cycle" the running lights,but will not operate the door locking mechanism...

Oh well....be back later,going to read some and try and find a solution.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Guess I'll add this to the list of dealer stuff as I can't find anything...
Old 01-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

On my 2005 Vectra remotes I find that every once in a while they quite working. So I tap them in the palm of my hand or take out the battery and set them right back in and they work again. I think the battery contacts are weak points in the remotes

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Ken,my issue was that I can see the clearance lights blinking as I either hit one of the key fobs OR enter the code in the keypad,but that's all that happens...

Keyfob works remote compartment locks just fine..
Old 01-03-2006, 01:43 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Update: SCS is sending me (for the third time)another main receiver module (the one in the front compartment with all chassis breakers). Service manager at SCS is convinced the problem is winne, either a voltage or a ground problem.. SCS will talk with Winn"s engineers to
try and find a long term solution.

Evan
Old 01-03-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

evan,were your symptoms anything like what I've described?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Another funny.....(ya have to laugh to not cry!!)

On the way home from picking up the coach yesterday I was discussing this issue with my Journey owning friend,who had a $5 safety valve to the SCS not working....A magnetic metal box with a key in it...That's GREAT,all those dollars I spent and I need a hide-a-key?

Old 01-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

rebelsbeach, No. in my case nothing worked compartments didnt work, lights didnt flash. I beleive in your case, you need to follow to the letter the programing part of your SCS manuel, cause if compartment locking is working and lights flash, the remotes arent programed properly to the receiver module.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

OK....I will go out and try to program the keypad and the key fobs tomorrow.
Thanks!!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:35 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Bob by all means buy a hide a box and put a key in it.
This past May I was with a friend of mine on a trip and he locked his keys inside the coach. The only way we got in was that another Horizon owners key opened my friends coach. Scarey? Not at all we were thankful to get in and we probably will never see this guy again. I operate on the philosophy that most folks are basically honest.

I have a compartment key hidden and a full set of keys in a compartment. Good Luck and
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:43 AM   #16
Administrator Emeritus

evan,while I can certainly call Winnie,or even wait for the dealer to fix it when I take it in,I was wondering if you happened to know where the controller box might be?

The manual talks of "breaking the tape" over a button and then programming one function of the remote.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:19 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Drivers side front compartment, fuses panel, remove screws on breaker panel which is hindged, open same, in the rear is a box about 4" by 6" has small 8" antenna wire off of it, in center of box you can feel a depression push through this and you will see a square yellow button. Ok now get both remotes in your hand. now go to dirvers seat, put ignition ke to on and then off, remove key and go outside to controller box with both remotes, push yellow button on controller hold for 30 sec. release, you should now hear a clicking. Now on one remote push lock and then unlock, repeat with secong remote, now gow inside and turn ignition on and then off, remove key, go outside. now both remotes should be programed to open front doors and compartments and also to lock. the unlock key should also turn on the porch lite and an inside light for about a minute
Old 01-06-2006, 05:25 AM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks evan,the manual listed everything just the way you describe it.....Everything but where to do it.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:54 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Strange that you guys have had problems with an item I'm having a prolem with. One of my key fobs doesn't work and I need a replacement. SCS doesn't have replacements. Any one have any extra key fobs they want to sell? Mine is the two buttom unit.

radarr
Old 01-06-2006, 08:00 AM   #20
Winnebago Owner

I thought I would add this to the thread just in case someone else has the same problem. The keypad on my Vectra wouldn't work although all the key fobs did. Dealer fix was to scrape the paint off the contacts in the connector. He said it looked like the connector was hanging outside when they painted something. It's working, at least for now.