Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

SCS/Frigette Keyless Entry Main Module

Has apparently, not unlike the Company that made it, died.

Neither fob will work, nor will it go into "enroll mode" as described in other posts and in the directions.

It has power to it, but no response.

Anyone know what makes these fail, or where to get a replacement or different product to replace it?

Thanks.

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Mine just "died" yesterday... Keyless entry system, basement air, Thanks Winnebago!

2009 Vectra 40WD
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

No replacement yet I believe. Once my keypad quit and I disconnected and reconnected it after a short wait and it resumed working. It seems mine needs to be reprogrammed with the remotes every once in a while. It still works but how long is any ones guess.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

When we were in Forest City in July this was on our list of warranty repairs. Winnie replaced the module and fobs with something from another manufacturer. Works great!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris and Natasha View Post
When we were in Forest City in July this was on our list of warranty repairs. Winnie replaced the module and fobs with something from another manufacturer. Works great!
(Moose and Squirrel must die?)

Thanks! I found a few other manufacturers on line as well.

Do you know the brand they used and if it plugged in or if they had to re-wire the harness for it?

Thanks!

2004 Horizon 40AD
Old 09-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

This is fast becoming the "day/night shade issue" of 2010. After mine died I decided to use the tried and true key, they do not seem to fail or need to be reprogrammed.
If someone comes up with a good replacement brand it would benefit all of us if it was broadcast on this site.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Winnebago is now using TriMark Corp remote system in the 2010 models. I met a person at GNR that had them install the system in his 08 Vectra. I think he said it was around $375. I don't know about the wiring but you could contact TriMark. 800-447-0343 or trimarkcorp.com
Let us know what you find out. Thanks
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Yep. Our new system is TriMark. Don't know how or exactly what they replaced. It just works!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I forgot, Diane reminded me that we did have the keypad replaced April 27, 10 when we were at the factory. It does have a beep when pushing the buttons that the original did not. Since then we have had to reset the remotes a couple of times. I don't know if it is a different brand, but looks like the original keypad and we have the same remotes as before.
The Part Number is 151458-02-000, do you have the Part Number for yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris and Natasha View Post
Yep. Our new system is TriMark. Don't know how or exactly what they replaced. It just works!
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all !!

The TriMark is the one I found online, as well as one from Essex Electronics.

I'll start sourcing the TriMark one, configured for entry door and cargo door on the remote key fobs.

I'll let you all know if/how it works out.

Thanks again!

2004 Horizon 40AD
Old 09-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

RE Keyledd entry

On our 04 Horizon QD I replaced the stock unit with an "ASTRA 50" ~$40
any good elect tech or alarm system installer should be able to wire it for you. I have some drawings of how I wired it. In 6 months still works great for the main door and the compartments. Also has some limited alarm features and can be wired for starter lockout. Auto locks doors with ING. key on.

Manual here http://www.scytek.net/manuals/astra/a50.pdf
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
On our 04 Horizon QD I replaced the stock unit with an "ASTRA 50" ~$40
any good elect tech or alarm system installer should be able to wire it for you. I have some drawings of how I wired it. In 6 months still works great for the main door and the compartments. Also has some limited alarm features and can be wired for starter lockout. Auto locks doors with ING. key on.

Manual here http://www.scytek.net/manuals/astra/a50.pdf
Corrected link: http://www.scytek.net/manuals/astra/a50.pdf

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Thanks!
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Found a seller on Ebay with a few of the TriMark kits for around $40, so I took the plunge. The remotes may not have the right characters on the remote buttons, but I can learn!

It's going to require rewiring the harnesses that connects it, but thats not a big deal.

I'll let you all know what I learn.

Now to go and replace the extend solenoid that malfunctions. After that, I can put the new inducer blower in the boiler (we have hydronic heat/hot water) and then try to figure out why the King Dome won't play nice anymore.

Next week I get to do the coolant tank update, and replace the original cranking batteries (They're still working fine, but at more than 7 years old, they WILL die on my upcoming cross-country trip). Oh, and install the echo-charge too, so I don't have to connect the little smart charger each time I park (though the charger has prolonged their life, I am convinced).

Just noticed that there is a 1 inch hole in the side of my sewer hose. Better get to that one first!

It's never boring around here.

2004 Horizon 40AD
Old 09-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

It Works!

So, the "New to Me" TriMark e-FOB system I purchased off Ebay is installed and working.

The one I purchased was made in 2005, and sat somewhere for a while. It is discontinued and not supplied with installation information. Viva Ebay!

Fortunately, I finally found it on TriMark's poorly organized website and figured out what to do. The old SCS unit didn't have any wiring hints in the manual, and I thought I was in for a long day with the multi-meter figuring out the wires. Fortunately, when I removed the SCS unit, the wiring guide was on the back of it on a nice big sticker.

The TriMark unit can operate in one of 3 modes, giving you many choices of how to use it. Each one is a trade off, and challenge as some things require positive trigger, some negative trigger, and some just contact closure. Winnie isn't specific in its drawings, so I did some meter time anyway.

The luggage bays are all "Positive trigger" while the Entry lights are negative trigger, and the clearance lights are positive too.

I opted to use the "Automatic lock" feature from TriMark, so that when I turn on the Ignition, the door and bays lock. I may use some other of the myriad outputs and configurations one day when I'm bored.

Anyone that needs my (2) very used old 4 button SCS remote fobs is welcome to them. Just let me know and I'll mail them to you. They will need new A23 batteries.

So, overall, my $40 solution worked. If anyone gets the same unit and needs the wiring and programming changes, I'll be happy to help.

2004 Horizon 40AD
Old 09-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucknJeff View Post
Anyone that needs my (2) very used old 4 button SCS remote fobs is welcome to them. Just let me know and I'll mail them to you. They will need new A23 batteries.
I would be interested in those remotes. When I bought my 2005 Journey it had one beat up remote. I will pm you.

Ronnie
Old 09-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Our system just died as well! I called Winnebago, after finding out that the numbers for SCS/Frigette were no longer in service. The tech there told me that another company had purchased SCS and that replacedments are still available. He said that the new company is Victory Climate Systems and can be reached at 817-293-3311.

So, when we try to reprogram, we do hear the clicking. We have a new battery in the remote...so why won't it do it? Any thoughts?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Fran View Post
So, when we try to reprogram, we do hear the clicking. We have a new battery in the remote...so why won't it do it? Any thoughts?
Did you try using both ways to reset the remotes as listed in the attached pdf from Winnebago's site? When I bought my Journey there was 1 remote and it did not work. I used the sheet attached and followed the procedure for the Journey but it still did not work. I tried the other procedure and it worked.
Fast forward to last weekend and I got the remote from Buck (Thanks again Buck) and used the sheet again and tried the procedure for the Journey and programed 2 remotes and it worked.

The difference in the procedures for the different models is on one procedure you hold down the yellow button on the transmitter while you press and release the lock button on the remote. On the other procedure you do "not" hold down the yellow button on the transmitter while pressing the lock button on the remote.

I hope it works for you. I now have 2 working remotes.

Ronnie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2003-12 Keyless Entry.pdf (129.4 KB, 243 views)