Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2017, 12:27 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Oh yes diesels too. I had my kitchen slide upgraded before it failed. I knew it would. I hope they have the problem under control now. Simply was a design not strong enough to handle big heavy slides.

Regards,
W.D.

2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511, Good Sam, Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:47 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

We are sort of looking at upgrading but have ruled out the full wall slide models because of the problems. It's a nice floor plan but too many problems!
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honwing View Post
Just had our Full Wall Slide fail on our 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 27N. This unit came equipped with the new Powergear Slimtrak System. We had it replaced at Camping World in Midway, Florida and took over 1 month. Last weekend the Drivers side dining slide failed the same way as the other. Started with noise and jerking side to side followed by a large cracking sound like breaking wood. Again same as the other. We now have an appointment at the factory in Forest City on April 5th. Leaving for the 1,300 mile drive next Wednesday as we don't trust Camping World to touch it again. Will have the repaired full wall slide checked because it slows considerably halfway in and out. Have a half dozen other issues to get fixed as our warranty runs out May 27th. Hope they extend Slide warranty while there. Also have issues with full body paint flaking off for the third time. $8,500 upgrade not well spent. Really like the unit but not reliable enough for only 8,000 miles.
Please report your experience after your appointment in Forest City. We have the same rig as you without the paint. We now have just over 5000 miles and both of our powergear slides have failed and been repaired but I cross my fingers every time I extend the slides. Hopefully you will find out for all of us what the issue is and how they are fixing. Our dealer, La Mesa RV in Sacramento seemed to know what they were doing and replaced the entire tracks, columns, and motors but I was never clear if the new parts were upgraded re-engineered or just the same only new. Like you, we really like the floor plan, the shorter length, and all the storage. We have had a few other issues but really no big deal but this slid thing is concerning! It would be good to have some confidence in the reliability of these major components as we move forward. Looking forward to hear your report from Forest City. Good luck! I really hope they resolve all of your concerns. Our warrantee runs out in July and maybe it would be worth the drive for us depending on your report.
Park Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:46 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Will do. Wanted to go in May because of the weather. After Forest City we head to Seattle for 4 months to be with our son and daughter and 4 grandkids. Back to Carrabelle Florida late September. We live in our 27N at least 7 months a year and bought new to hopefully avoid these issues. Hope for good weather next week and will keep everyone informed. If only a little larger we would have kept our Navion IQ.
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Enough horror stories. Anyone have a success and good story on full side slides with any of the systems?
Nxkharra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:25 PM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Better slide systems?

I have an 07 National Sea Breeze with the original Power Gear slides it has been flawless after hundreds of cycles( 55,000 miles) we travel full time. I had to make some minor adjustments but that's it. I want to pull the trigger on a new Sunova 33c the perfect floorplan for us but....I keep waiting for the slide issues to be resolved. Are the slimrack slides better or not? thanks!
Old 12-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #47
2014 Journey 36M

Had the Slim rack upgrade to replace Schwintek system on the full wall slide on my 2014 Journey 36M done at Forest City in August - no issues since.
Rmedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #48
Winnie-Wise

After reading about all the problems that poor owners are having, have had, will have...I've made my decision...glad that I bought a non slider model...solid walls...and will not move onto one that I thought I might be interested in...the 2108DS. Nope...now happy to stay with my non-slider 1706FB. Done....
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout