Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sorry for the short notice. Drove from Baltimore Md on the way to Hampton, GA(south of Atlanta) I am in Lumberton, NC. Any local know where I can get my "filthy" coach(from snowstorm) washed between Lumberton, NC on I-95 and Hampton, GA(I-20) tomorrow. Nothing found on Internet. Don't trust truck stops. Thanks for any help.

Thanks in advance/NAVYBLUE
navyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've never used them myself but a number of RV folks have recommended the Blue Beacon truck wash folks. If you can find one of those at a truck stop, that might be your best bet.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi navyblue,
Go here to see the Blue Beacon locations. Like smlranger posted, per other threads, they seem to know what they are doing, with regard to coaches. Their web site provides all the details. Your in luck, there are choices along your route.

If you go, please post your thoughts and how good was the result.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I have a Blue Beacon wash located not to far from me and have used them several times. They do a good job for a reasonable price, that's why I keep going back. This particular wash seems to be very popular and sometimes I have to wait awhile, I just make a sandwich, get a coke and relax while I'm waiting.
soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Wow! i never heard of them. It looks like $35 will get my 37' coach washed. I', surely keeping that list handy! Thank you for sharing!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally posted by MuckSavage:
Wow! i never heard of them. It looks like $35 will get my 37' coach washed. I', surely keeping that list handy! Thank you for sharing!
Amen Bro!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have used Blue Beacon many times across the country and have always been satisfied. If you have fu;ll body paint you will be ok. If you have decals remind them of that before they start.

Remember they were put there to service our 18 wheel brethern who out number us by many folds. If the trucker was getting bad service or damages to his equipment Blue Beacon or any other truck wash would be out of business in a matter of days.

Find out who the crew honcho is and direct all your conversation to him/her. Good luck and happy travels, Ken, '04 DSDP....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally posted by soonerdave:
I have a Blue Beacon wash located not to far from me and have used them several times. They do a good job for a reasonable price, that's why I keep going back. This particular wash seems to be very popular and sometimes I have to wait awhile, I just make a sandwich, get a coke and relax while I'm waiting.
I ECHO "soonerdave". I use Blue Beacon on the road too...need to remind them ahead of wash process about no high pressure squirty the cameras and cooling coils on base A/C.

I have also had the "Rain Ex" add on ($8?) applied on entire coach..very satisfied.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Cooling coils on base AC? Can you elaborate? Thank You.

Ooops, I see you have an Itasca. Basement air perhaps?
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally posted by MuckSavage:
Cooling coils on base AC? Can you elaborate? Thank You.

Ooops, I see you have an Itasca. Basement air perhaps?
Yes...basement A/C..
Old 06-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Evryone,

Thank you all and sorry about the LATE reply. Lost Internet for (4) days but discovered Blue Beacon at the truck stops and pleased with their wash. Forgot about this post and then remembered I could check my posts and did and here I am. Thankd again.

NAVYBLUE
navyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:08 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

wow thats a great price. will keep this in mind. thanks guys
jbracefan197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Questions, questions, questions. Are these high pressure only or can it be toned down? Since they are RV friendly does that mean they will not spray into any vents such as refrig, water tank, furnace? Do they wash the roof?
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
Questions, questions, questions. Are these high pressure only or can it be toned down? Since they are RV friendly does that mean they will not spray into any vents such as refrig, water tank, furnace? Do they wash the roof?
Although we've never used them, we have some good friends who regularly use them and always tell us "why do it yourself?" ...we always wash our own coach. It's always an all day job but DH likes to detail out certain areas himself.

They tell us that all the Blue Beacons that they've used will work with any request you might have. Hand washing (using a soft brush on a handle) is usually what they'll do with motorhomes and you can talk to the crew manager or the guys assigned to wash it with any instructions you might have ...don't use high pressure spray in certain areas, etc.

Good question about washing the roof ...I'm not sure if that's included in the price or not. If not, I'm sure they'd do it for a small charge if requested.

Here's the exact webpages again for reference:

RV/Motor Coach Washing

RV Benefits
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Blue Beacons do RVs very well. They do not use any acid based detergents (like most truck washes do), all locations have brushes (for trucks) AND soft cloth wands (for RVs), they can add the RainX no spot after-wash which works, they understand paint vs trucker steel vs decals, they understand Diamond Shield (back off the pressure), and the like. But, as was said below, grab the team lead dude and make sure to point out your special needs - remind them of paint vs decal, remind them of Diamond Shield and where it is and the like. You can watch them work, and I've never seen them try to cheat on any special needs. They always seem to understand these things and just need a little reminder. No, they do not do the roof. I give them two sponges up!