Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

RV/car cleaning success

Like most of us, we try to keep our rigs looking reasonably clean. It seems as soon as it rains or we move to our next destination all of our hard work is covered, once again, in grime. What do we do to make our hard work last a bit longer? I think I found a way.

One of my Christmas wish list wants was
Aero Cosmetics dry cleaning kit. This is a system of cleaners designed specifically for airplanes, boats, RV's, etc. My DW gave this to me (us).

The kit (RV Aircraft Waterless Wash Wax Mop Cleaning Brush Kit No Ladder needed) has all you need to do several cleanings. The special spray bottles work great. The unique design of the handle is clever. It allows for the mop head to be extended or retracted with ease as needed.

Cleaning can be wet or dry. Both the red (soap/wax) and blue (cleaner/wax) liquids can be used with or without water. I discovered that it is best to wet wash all surfaces you are working on wet with the red spray. This will remove the built up grime and old wax. Doing this with a microfiber cloth in your hand is the best way. Towel drying is a good thing to do. After the deep cleaning is done, use the mop and the blue spray. This will bring the luster out and apply the protective coat that repels the grime that makes our rigs look so bad.

We were in Harlingen, TX at Christmas. Before heading to Hitchcock I cleaned the car and the coach with these products. I didn't use the red as extensively as I needed to and, thereby, made my job much more time consuming. But the results was fantastic. I never remembered the car being that white and the coach seemed to be smoother looking. While cleaning, bugs and stubborn streaks seemed to melt off. Bugs, as you know, can be a real problem. The red spray on a wet cloth will dissolve them, with a bit of elbow grease. The blue spray seemed to clean all surfaces to a brighter, fresher look. Even the glass seemed clearer.

When we arrived in Hitchcock we were pleasantly surprised to find the coach and the car still looking good. The dirt didn't seem to cling as much as usual.

It is not required to by the kit. If you wish to buy the red and blue products only, you can. The spray bottles are available from these folks also and are worth getting. You can shoot a long stream or a fine mist with the twist of the nozzle. But, you don't get a wet hand as with so many of the other bottle sprayers.

I hope my input on this topic is helpful to you all. One thing I must caution about this stuff. It won't make sun faded, cracked and time/weather deteriorated decal designed come back from the dead. Get a new paint job if you want your rig to look new again. Faded, oxidized paint will come back some. Again, not a miracle product.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 01-21-2017, 06:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like a commercial! However, I use this system and I love it. It really does all that stuff in the above ad. 8-)

Sent from my XT1254 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post

I hope my input on this topic is helpful to you all. One thing I must caution about this stuff. It won't make sun faded, cracked and time/weather deteriorated decal designed come back from the dead. Get a new paint job if you want your rig to look new again. Faded, oxidized paint will come back some. Again, not a miracle product.

Happy trails,
Rick Y [/FONT]
It was thanks. I have a new TT and am looking for a product to use.

I wish such good posts such as yours could be pinned.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I've been using the Wash Wax All system for 3 yrs and it really works as advertised. I love it.

Sent from my XT1565 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Just about 3/4 done with mine. Here you can see that shine on a 2004 Winnebago. Always amazes me. The state park here in Florida does not allow washing like most parks so that makes it really handy to have.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
I've been using the Wash Wax All system for 3 yrs and it really works as advertised. I love it.

smlranger recommended Wash Wax All to me well over a year ago. I purchased it this past year and am a believer! I love this stuff.

Thanks Gary!

Now I gotta get one of those fancy fangle 2-sided mops.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

How far does a gallon go?

I was looking at the $199 kit, it includes 1 gallon. How far will that go? # of cleanings on say a 34 foot class A?
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post
I was looking at the $199 kit, it includes 1 gallon. How far will that go? # of cleanings on say a 34 foot class A?
A gallon lasts a long time. I'm just now getting into my third gallon and I got the system in 2014. I've done my 42' coach several times along with my toad and golf car. So if you use it regularly, maybe plan on using one gallon per year??
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post
A gallon of the "Blue" will last a long time. I buy the concentrate and get 4 -5 "washes" for my 40' motor home.

I never thought about using "Red" before the "Blue".....interesting. Something I have to try.

The double sided extendable mop stick is the nuts......and makes using Wash./Wax All eazy-peezy.

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post

Because of posts like this, I bought it and used it 2 days ago...WOW, impressive, as good as all of you say...Thank You!

I didn't get the mop but now I will!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I do our 40 footer with 16oz. Of the blue. I too get the concentrate so it is less weight and size for storage.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Been using wash and wax for over 3 years. It is the best. I used to buy all of my cleaning supplies from Girot's, but since using wash and wax I use nothing else. Love the two sided mop.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcoach View Post
Been using wash and wax for over 3 years. It is the best. I used to buy all of my cleaning supplies from Girot's, but since using wash and wax I use nothing else. Love the two sided mop.
For all you with experience using Wash Wax All; can you wash that gritty road grime off your coach without scratching it? I want to believe it's possible, but it seems to defy logic.
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
For all you with experience using Wash Wax All; can you wash that gritty road grime off your coach without scratching it? I want to believe it's possible, but it seems to defy logic.
Agree, it seems to defy all logic. I've used other dry wash products before getting Wash Wax All and had previously discovered that the good ones, used properly, did not scratch the paint. I've previously used No Wet and Dri Wash.

If the coach is gritty (not caked with mud or really heavy dried dirt), you pre wet the cloth or wet side of the mop. Apply the solution, wipe with the wet cloth or mop, dry cloth or mop to shine. Never had any scratching...not that I can see and I look pretty close. I also periodically rinse the wet rag or wet mop during the process to keep it from loading up with too much dirt.

Now, if the coach is really nasty dirty (road salt especially), I will use a normal car soap and water wash or have someone wash it for me. However, the Wash Wax All has worked just fine in most cases.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I really like the look of the extend a pole brush in this kit. As for the wash product itself, I have been using a concentrated product for a year or more that I really like. Mixed 16:1, it goes a long way for much less than any other waterless product I've used. It works very well holding the grit in suspension and leaves a brilliant shine when finished. When used as directed it does not leave scratches.
Since I need a new pole anyway, I think I will spring for this one but keep using the Chemical Guys product.
I like the part of not having to use a ladder.

Chemical Guys - EcoSmart - Hyper Concentrated Waterless Car Wash & Wax (1 Gal Makes 8 Gal)
Old 01-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I use Johnson car wash/wax or turtle wash wax....both $4-$5

Put a little on an extendable wash mit pole

Follow up with a towel wrapped on the mit

Cleans & shines....

No hose washing , pretty quick (30-40 minutes)
Old 01-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
I use Johnson car wash/wax or turtle wash wax....both $4-$5

Put a little on an extendable wash mit pole

Follow up with a towel wrapped on the mit

Cleans & shines....

No hose washing , pretty quick (30-40 minutes)
30-40 minutes. Is that for the windshield?

If you can wash my coach in 30-40 min, I'll give you the contract.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:44 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
30-40 minutes. Is that for the windshield?

If you can wash my coach in 30-40 min, I'll give you the contract.
25' winnebago view.....takes me no more than 40 minutes...I live in fla.....They never really get dirty down here, but, the sun eats them up, if you let it, have to keep a shine on the finish, and this does it.

I now have a 22' TT, I do the same regimen, just keep the stains off, keep a shine, and keep the bugs off the nose when underway

I use the same procedure on both my cars....but I do hose the cars when done with the once over. I wait till the cars start to dry, then towel wipe the windows.

The shine lasts a few weeks, same with stain resistance
Old 01-24-2017, 06:00 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

I have had my kit for several years with a different pole. Saw the current pole at Elkhart Rally. Bought one off Amazon. It works very well.
Shur-Line 6572L Easy Reach Adjustable Extension Pole
Old 01-24-2017, 06:25 AM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
IMO - - you are correct.

Grit is grit - - no matter where it comes from.

I use to own and show a 2004 corvette at local Show and Shine shows. I use to say the car was never washed, which wasn't always true.

It got washed after I took it out in the early Spring and got road sand on the car, sometimes after being caught in a downpour - - but for the most part, the car was never washed.

I used Griot's Garage products back in the day, used micro-fiber towels, and the all important "California Duster". In the late winter I would strip the wax, clay bar, polish, then wax the car. the remainder of the summer and fall, unless one of the above scenarios happened, I never washed it. The car never had a swirl mark up until I sold it. It was 12 years old when I sold it.

..........Now for motor homes/coaches/RVs, the regimen may not be as rigid, but the same care should be taken.

Will you ever have to wash you rig when using Wash/Wax All? I say you will, I know I do. There are times if I come in from the road and it is not too dirty, I may use the California Duster up the lower half of the rig, then use WWS All to clean and coat the surface. When parked at a camp site for a long time and it need a "sprucing up", I will use WW All, no dusting.

My rig is still new and has no swirl marks and I expect it will stay that way until perhaps the next owner.

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote