Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #1

Rooftop AC

I have 1995 Winnebago Brave Diesel Pusher. Going on vacation tomorrow so please HELP me ASAP. I am a newbie. This will be my first trip. Rooftop AC worked earlier today but nothing now. It is probably something simple. Maybe the fuse. Where is it located? Any other suggestions? HELP!!!!!!!!!
rapturequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #2

Circuit breaker prolly? Usually located where your convertor is... mines under the bed..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
Cat
Winnebago Camper

Nothing works- no fan or just no cooling? If you just turned it off and then back on there is a timer that will not power the compressor turn on until some of the internal pressures have dropped. 2-4 minutes If I remember correctly.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Were you on shore power or gen set when the AC was running ? If your plugged to your house you could have blown a circuit breaker or GFI there too.
Or as Cat mentioned a start up delay, if you shut off the unit when the compressor was in mid cycle.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thermostat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2mehd View Post
I have 1995 Winnebago Brave Diesel Pusher. Going on vacation tomorrow so please HELP me ASAP. I am a newbie. This will be my first trip. Rooftop AC worked earlier today but nothing now. It is probably something simple. Maybe the fuse. Where is it located? Any other suggestions? HELP!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! That first trip is always memorable

Hey, we had the same problem and it was due to our thermostat. Until we figured out it was operator error*, we popped the facade off and removed/replaced the fuse for a reset.

Good luck, and make sure you report back when it's all said and done.

*We were making inputs/changes too fast for the chip's logic, causing it to seize up.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #6

Thanks for your quick response. Found the problem. Came unplugged when I put the (stiff) cord back into the area where it belongs. Have a good (and Blessed day).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Circuit breaker prolly? Usually located where your convertor is... mines under the bed..
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Nothing works- no fan or just no cooling? If you just turned it off and then back on there is a timer that will not power the compressor turn on until some of the internal pressures have dropped. 2-4 minutes If I remember correctly.
Thanks for your quick response. Found the problem. Came unplugged when I put the (stiff) cord back into the area where it belongs. Have a good (and Blessed day).
Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Were you on shore power or gen set when the AC was running ? If your plugged to your house you could have blown a circuit breaker or GFI there too.
Or as Cat mentioned a start up delay, if you shut off the unit when the compressor was in mid cycle.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #9