Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi All,
Wow, it's been awhile since I've been here. Just wanted to update my profile and say Hi to everyone. After five years of planning, my wife and I are now retired and fulltiming it in our 2004 BRAVE. We sold our house in Fairbanks and are communicating via cellphone and WI-FI. So far all is well and we'll be heading out of Alaska in about a week. It's a darn good thing my wife kept all of our passwords, because I forgot mine to this forum. I hope to be in here more often.
Take care,
AKBrick
Old 08-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi All,
Wow, it's been awhile since I've been here. Just wanted to update my profile and say Hi to everyone. After five years of planning, my wife and I are now retired and fulltiming it in our 2004 BRAVE. We sold our house in Fairbanks and are communicating via cellphone and WI-FI. So far all is well and we'll be heading out of Alaska in about a week. It's a darn good thing my wife kept all of our passwords, because I forgot mine to this forum. I hope to be in here more often.
Take care,
AKBrick
Old 08-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You're living our dreams! We hope to join you and others someday in fulltiming. Keep us updated on how things are going and good luck and good travels!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi AK, glad to "meet" you. We're in Seattle and on our way to Alaska next week. I'll be checking in and maybe we can meet.
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hi Guys and Gals,
Sorry I havn't added to this post but I was out of contact for awhile. We are currently in Dawson Creek and everything is working fine. Only one thing bad happened at the last five miles of the ALCAN highway. A truck shot a rock at our windshield and put a bullseye in the upper righthand side of the drivers' window. Oh well, that's what insurance is for.
Sorry I missed you Fakrwee. I hope your having a ball in Alaska. The ALCAN sure has changed since I came to Alaska with my dad in 1971. It's been an easy drive except for the frost heaves in some places. Take care everyone.
Drive safe.
AKBrick
Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

We caught a rock to the windshield last year not in Alaska, but in BC when we were on our way back to the 48. Made it okay for three months then.. wham!

Welcome to the retired club Retirement is everything it's cracked up to be!

We fulltimed for over a year and really enjoyed it. Now we have a little home base in Texas where we will spend winters. Come on down!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations!! We are pulling the plug (again) in two months and will spend the winter in Arizona. Keeping a small place in Colorado, but looking forward to getting back out on the road. This is our second shot at retirement as we flunked the first time! Have a great time and enjoy!!

John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bellsharbor:
This is our second shot at retirement as we flunked the first time!
John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one John!!

Be persistent, you'll get it right this time.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Hi AK, sorry I missed you too. We're in Tok Alaska today resting after taking a mauling on the road from Whitehorse here. We drove up the Cassiar and it was in better shape.

Anyway we're still enjoying the beauty of this immense land. We'll be up in Fairbanks by the beginning of Sept. Hopefully we'll be able to see the Northern lights.

Where are you now?
Best Regards
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Hi Fakrwee and all,
We're in McKleese Lake Resort and enjoying the sun and the minnow fishing from shore. We're going to stay here for a couple of nights and relax a little. Have a safe trip down the Alcan and hopefully no rock chips like we got.
AKBrick