Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

replacing window shade strings

where do you find replacement cords for the dual light / dark pull down shades
turnkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

You can go to a sewing shop, take a piece of the one you have and they should have something like it. I just searched on ebay check it out RV shade cord | eBay
Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I bought cords from The dirty Blind Man, and have had good luck with the cords.
RV Shade and Blind Repair
Old 07-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

We found it at a JoAnns fabric store. There were two sizes and the smaller size fit ours.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
DKY
Winnebago Camper

shades

I bought my cord from Winnebago and they have the diagram with instructions to go with it.You will need them to rethread the shade.
DKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKY View Post
I bought my cord from Winnebago and they have the diagram with instructions to go with it.You will need them to rethread the shade.
I bought a very big roll while I was at the factory along with a bunch of the small nylon grommets. I only used enough of the cord for one shade and none of the grommets, then we had MCD American Duo shades installed throughout our motor home. How's that for poor planning? Here is a restringing diagram I drew for my shades.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Fixmyblinds.com has everything you need. After you do about 4 or 5 shades you get good at it.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Go to your local hardware store and buy HEAVIER cord, do not buy the same. Ord that was orginally used!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Are the string rethreading configurations the same for all day/night shades, does anybody have the diagram from Winnebago? Does it depend on the length of the shade?
turnkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnkey View Post
Are the string rethreading configurations the same for all day/night shades, does anybody have the diagram from Winnebago? Does it depend on the length of the shade?
The diagram above does not show the two springs at the top that the strings connect to. The only other difference from the Winnebago diagram is that it is in color and Winnebago's isn't.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I use that configuration for all the wide shades and for the narrowerr ones as well as the very long ones that go to the floor. With the narrow shades you have less holes but its the same concept, they are easier. If the shade is the wide one its easier to have another person hold the strings together when you put the shade back together. Just don't rush take your time.

Tags
window