Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Replacing Table

I'm thinking about replacing my dining room table with a buffet. The area I have is in my starbord slide----about 5' long and not over 20" deep. I've looked at a 2011 Sightseer and a Journey. They are close but not what I want.
Does anyone know if Winnibago makes something close to those measurements?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I don't think so. Maybe they will copy Tiffin's dinette/computer work station. Winnebago seems to be behind on this since so many people use computers and if full-timing a file cabinet would also be great. I am looking to add a dinette/computer work station to my motorhome. See page 3 of the Side Roads 08 magazine.
I am very interested in Brad and Hall's Amish made computer dinette computer table but with Corian top on the table and buffet.
Maybe I'm wrong here and you only want a table and buffet. There are other table-buffets out there and it will be interesting to hear what others have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
I'm thinking about replacing my dining room table with a buffet. The area I have is in my starboard slide----about 5' long and not over 20" deep. I've looked at a 2011 Sightseer and a Journey. They are close but not what I want.
Does anyone know if Winnibago makes something close to those measurements?
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #3

I had asked my DH to build me a drop leaf table on the end of the entertainment center just for my computer and scanner. Maybe if we remove the table and put in a work station instead, it would be easier to scan the thousands of pics and slides I'm converting to digital. We have folding tables for eating when just the two of us. When entertaining, it is usually outside. Great idea - thanks.
Glassalley52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I messed up the links in the original, maybe this is better. Sorry about the possible confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry J View Post
I don't think so. Maybe they will copy Tiffin's dinette/computer work station. Winnebago seems to be behind on this since so many people use computers and if full-timing a file cabinet would also be great. I am looking to add a dinette/computer work station to my motorhome. See page 3 of the Side Roads 08 magazine.
I am very interested in Brad and Hall's Amish made dinette computer table but with Corian top on the table and buffet.
Maybe I'm wrong here and you only want a table and buffet. There are other table-buffets out there and it will be interesting to hear what others have done.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I'm interested in this post as well. Have been considering replacing our dinette booth with a wall mount table. Dicor Dancing Tables have caught my eye. I like the on that folds in half and the front swivels, seems like it would make for a nice laptop station as well. I've not seen any pricing so anything that could be shared would be great....just the mechanism would work for me.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I purchased 3 base cabinets from Lowe's to fit in the area where our dinette had been. I was able to incorporate the original table into the center cabinet. It slides in and out the depth of the cabinet. Each cabinet has two doors and a drawer. It worked out nicely.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
I purchased 3 base cabinets from Lowe's to fit in the area where our dinette had been. I was able to incorporate the original table into the center cabinet. It slides in and out the depth of the cabinet. Each cabinet has two doors and a drawer. It worked out nicely.
John did you have to cut your tabletop to fit? I know some must roll back into the cabinet and I'll prob go with 12" uppers for the base as I would like to get 2 swivel chairs and think the extra 12" would help.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

This may help---

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV desk 6.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	879.9 KB
ID:	9917

Name:	RV desk 3.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	846.9 KB
ID:	9918

Name:	RV desk 4.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	807.4 KB
ID:	9919

I made one myself---combo table, desk for computer, storage for kitchen, drawers for files etc;
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
That sounds like a good and inexpensive solution. Can you post a picture? What was the parts number of the cabinets that you used?
Bruce
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Coffeeman, no I didn't have to cut the table and we also use swivel chairs on casters we bought at IKIA - Finhawk, yes I will post some pictures. We did this in our 1999 Brave, which is parked at our son's house 225 miles away. I am going to pick it up this weekend and will post pictures, I'll see if my wife knows the part numbers.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We took our existing table and ripped it down the middle. I can put it back together in a jiffy and it holds!
MobileMe Gallery
However, I f i had a newer coach I would probably go the route of NJS42 but use a folding drop leaf so you can collapse the table.