Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
just ensuring i got you right....
These LEDs can replace the current ones WITHOUT any other alteration?

and, again, trying to get this right...
So it would be like me replacing an old blub in a table lamp to an LED?
Yes ...take the old bulb out and put the LED bulb/tube in. The latest ones I have seen have no extra wires or anything else to deal with ...they go in EXACTLY like the original bulbs do.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

There are 12v ballasts for 5 & 7 watt flourescents IF you can find them and fixtures. I did find on EBay a place in England that makes an adaptor to use the 2pin halogen bulbs in the same socket that uses the taillight style bulb. This will not reduce your electrical load but it wil increase the light by about 50% and it is a brighter, whiter light.
There are some LED conversion bulbs on EBay but they are expensive. They use 30 to 60 LEDs in a lamp a little larger then the car style bulb we are used to. NO socket or wireing changes are necessary.
srmeredith is offline   Reply With Quote