Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Replacement Keys?

Bought the Horizon from an individual this past weekend. I only received two keys with the coach. Missing were the deadbolt and rear grill keys. The previous owner isn't much help. I'd like to get some spares as well as replace the missing keys. Will WGO help with this or do I need to go thru a dealer?

Also, the fuel door lock appears to be keyed differently(and I didn't get a key to fit). Can WGO provide a replacement to match the other locks or should I just replace with a generic keyed cam lock?

Thanks!
Papa Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Getting replacement keys for any lock can be an extreme exercise in frustration. If it were mine I'd take it to a locksmith or have a mobile locksmith come to you. They can pick the locks first then either make a key for your lock or replace the whole cylinder. Definitely a way to keep the blood pressure under control.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Getting replacement keys for any lock can be an extreme exercise in frustration. If it were mine I'd take it to a locksmith or have a mobile locksmith come to you. They can pick the locks first then either make a key for your lock or replace the whole cylinder. Definitely a way to keep the blood pressure under control.
I hear you. So far, I've found an online source for the Southco barrel key for the rear grill and the TriMark "Key One" keys. The ignition key looks like a common old GM blank, so I should be able to get that dup'd at the hardware store.

A locksmith is prob'ly gonna' be the best solution for the deadbolt.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:29 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

If the deadbolt key "hole" is above the normal key for the door; ie, stacked ---- then the lock comes from Tri-Mark and they should be able to help you on both of them. All of the keys on my 2002 Ultimate Advantage (except for the ignition key which is a GM key) came from Tri-Mark. They usually supply the main entrance door latch (both keys), compartment locks, and the locks for the gas compartments.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I must have got lucky on our 2004 Winnebago Adventure I got new keys for all locks including ignition and fuel plus bay doors and deadbolt door lock last month at my local ACE Hardware. Good Luck
More-Gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
If the deadbolt key "hole" is above the normal key for the door; ie, stacked ---- then the lock comes from Tri-Mark and they should be able to help you on both of them. All of the keys on my 2002 Ultimate Advantage (except for the ignition key which is a GM key) came from Tri-Mark. They usually supply the main entrance door latch (both keys), compartment locks, and the locks for the gas compartments.
The deadbolt is to the left of the door - not mounted in the door. Never seen that arrangement before. I may just try to order a replacement lock if the locksmith doesn't work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by More-Gas View Post
I must have got lucky on our 2004 Winnebago Adventure I got new keys for all locks including ignition and fuel plus bay doors and deadbolt door lock last month at my local ACE Hardware. Good Luck
Well, I don't have an original for the deadbolt. All I got was one ignition key and one TriMark key. The local hardware store was able to duplicate them, so at least I have spares now. Ordered a Southco barrel key from Winnebago thru Amazon. It would be nice to able to check the oil....
Old 05-26-2016, 04:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

You could call Winnebago Customer Admin with your coach serial number and determine if they can supply a complete set or who could. When calling Winn, bring $$$.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement