Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2020, 04:04 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

John , i just spoke to Tom Richie and he thanks you for the reccomendation yet feels bad that he can't get any templates. i told him if i find a solution for my vista26p i will share it with him so he can build a library. Maybe you you can do likewise......
so where do i read about the anti sway bar s you are noting?
Leo and Cec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:08 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Attached is the link for Winnebago Parts - Decals:

https://winnebagoparts.com/resources/decals/

Again, Tom's designer recreated the decals for me, except for one that was able to obtain myself at a reasonable price.

Regarding the anti-sway bars, just google "Hellwig". For a 2013 Ford F-53, see the following link:

https://www.hellwigproducts.com/prod...Ford&Model=F53

John
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:19 PM   #23
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo and Cec View Post
John , i just spoke to Tom Richie and he thanks you for the reccomendation yet feels bad that he can't get any templates. i told him if i find a solution for my vista26p i will share it with him so he can build a library. Maybe you you can do likewise......
so where do i read about the anti sway bar s you are noting?
I don't think anyone is going to have a template. A good graphics artists can take photos of your RV, take some measurements, and create a pattern to match, slightly oversized to cover the fade line edges. That design work won't be cheap, but you can look around. A smart college kid in graphic arts that's a wizard with Adobe Illustrator may be an option to get a design done cheaper. Some college kids need a good project for a grade.

I started out with a blank slate on my RV, no graphics. As a result it was easy for me to do the design myself. SBT simply followed my pattern to cut the vinyl. They also followed my mockup drawings and installed it on the RV, in front of my house, as Tom lived nearby.

For the Roadmaster anti-sway bars, you can read about them in the Roadmaster website here. .

I bought my Roadmaster sway bars from Camping World because of their special $59/ea install price, which I think happens once a year in the fall (not sure about that). Both installed was about $2000, kinda steep, but I only complained once. Very happy with them. You can likely find them for less if you shop around, and if you want to install them yourself, even less, such as Etrailer.com

Here's more Roadmaster sway-bar info for the F53 Ford chassis used for my Vista. I opted for the one for the F53 rated at 18,000lb, but there's also a thicker on for the 22,000 rated chassis.
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:27 PM   #24
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
Attached is the link for Winnebago Parts - Decals:

https://winnebagoparts.com/resources/decals/

Again, Tom's designer recreated the decals for me, except for one that was able to obtain myself at a reasonable price.

Regarding the anti-sway bars, just google "Hellwig". For a 2013 Ford F-53, see the following link:

https://www.hellwigproducts.com/prod...Ford&Model=F53

John
That's a great tip. I would never imagined someone had those decals. I've gotta bookmark that, in case I need them in a few years.
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement